JVC LT-37DS6 - PC Modes ?????

J

jerkyboy

Can someone tell me what resolution this new JVC 37" supports in PC mode ?.

Can it do 1366 x 768 ?.

Can the screen format be altered in PC mode. eg Wide/4:3 etc ?.

Does anyone know where I can download the manual ?.

Thanks for any info. :)

If the screen supports 1366 x 768 (which I believe it will do with or without PowerStrip intervention) then it will already be widescreen.
I'm sure it'll equally do 800 x 600 - whether this is displayed as 4:3 on a 1:1 pixel basis, I don't know, but would anticiapte it not being so, and likely to be mapped over the entire panel or stretched vertically only. If they scale the horizontal by the same amount as the vertical, then effectively you'd have 1024 x 768 displaying 800 x 600. So not quite the full width would be used.

I would also doubt any aspect functionality with a VGA/DVI PC input as this is likely to bypass any of those functions, and the panel will be acting as a glorified monitor.

jerkyboy said:
Calling GaryB, where are you ??

I'm over here :hiya:

According to the book, it supports:

640x480 at 60Hz Vertical and 31.5KHz Horizontal frequency.

1024x768 at 60Hz Vertical and 42KHz Horizontal frequency.

GarB, thanks for that.

I am littile confused, If the screens resolution is 1366x768 then why cant it support this in PC mode. Sounds like madness.

When its running at 1024x768 does this mean that the image is stretched ?.

If you plan to use this TV with a media centre PC, surely this means any DVD's will be on the wrong ratio ?.

Please help.

I'm a little confused too. I would have thought that it would make sense to use the native resolution of the screen but I guess it's something to do with compatibility of the screen with the internal processing resolution of the set. I think the designers assume that any HD type signals will be input via HDMI or component, so the PC support is fairly limited. Even before your message I had sent an email to the Product Manager suggesting pretty much what you have said.

I'm interested in this set too, but disappointed it only seems to do 1024 x 768 over analogue d-sub.

Has anybody fed it a DVI-HMDI signal from a HTPC yet to see it supports 1366x768.

dh140770 said:
I'm interested in this set too, but disappointed it only seems to do 1024 x 768 over analogue d-sub.

Has anybody fed it a DVI-HMDI signal from a HTPC yet to see it supports 1366x768.

Unfortunately it does not (al least on the 32" version), even over HDMI you can only get 1080: 1920x1080, 720p: 1280x720 and below. But the 720p option is the only really viable one as the down sampling of the 1080 is a bit poor with PC signals.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom