JVC LT-37DS6 - Faint Horizontal lines ????

J

jerkyboy

I have had my JVC LT-37DS6 for a couple of weeks now and I am generally very happy with it. Amazing picture quality with a good feed.

The only niggle I have is that I have noticed a very, very faint horizontal line travelling from top to bottom every half a second or so.

I have only seen it when using a DVD player via component (both interlaced and progressive)

Its nothing like the tearing line that affected the old JVC CRT's (which GaryB sorted). As I said its very faint and quite hard to spot unless I pause a DVD.

Does anyone know what could be causing this ??

Calling GaryB :lease:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am just about to order one of these after comparing it with the 37" Tosh.
Not a common problem I hope?
Got a 32" Sammy at the moment and despite all the scare stories have been 100% happy with it (just ordered the wrong size that's all)......

Am I worrying about nothing?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I blows the Tosh 58 out of the water, I have had one and I thought it was carbage.

The lines are very hard to spot on mine, I am being ultra picky. It may well just be a clash with my DVD player.

I have a Denon 2910 on order, hopefully when I connet that via HDMI the lines will dissapear.

Xbox 360 running at 1080i is the best picture I have ever seen on my JVC, its amazing.

jerkyboy said:
GaryB, where are you ?????

I'm over here.

I've got an LT-37DM6 and an LT-37DS6 here at home at the moment. I'm using the DM6 with a DR-MH300 via HDMI and a DR-MH30 via component and I haven't noticed anything.

I'll take a closer look when I can. It's possible that it's caused by emissions from the set being picked up by the cables.

Thanks Gary. Like I said, its really hard to spot on my set, but its definately there. I'm using decent IXOS cables, so that should'nt be the problem.

I'm hoping that when I go HDMI the problem will go away. Apart from this its a great LCD.

Look forward to your findings.

Cheers

JB
Thanks for your response...
As I say, I am going to be ordering this set within the next two weeks....it's looks certainly beat the Toshiba "hands down" and the reviews all seem to be in it's favour.
Just one thing.............

Whilst the supplied stand is a nice feature of this set, is there anyway of hiding the cables up that will be sprouting out of the back of my amp and DVD recorder?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I got the table top stand version and this comes with a very neat cable tidy design.

All the wires channel through the back of the TV, it works a treat.

One word of warning with this set, it makes bad pictures look horibble. Some of the Sky Channels are very pixelated and grainy. On the other had a decent DVD player looks very good. Xbox 360 running at 1080i is mind blowing.

I have not yet tried the freeview out as my ariel is crap. When I get this sorted hopefully it will be better than Sky.

I will be using my set for Freeview and DVD viewing only at the moment....
A PS3 is a likely purchase but that is some way off yet.

Freeview via my current Samsung is very good and DVD through component is superb.

Thanks for your unbiased comments regarding PQ....

I feel pretty confident :)god: ) with my choice!!

:D :D :D :D :D

GaryB,

Have you had chance to give your 37" a good test over component. Did you see any signs of the lines ?.

Cheers

GaryB.

I have now tried two different DVD players and tried both Component and HDMI connections.

I am still getting these faint lines, but not all the time, and not always at the same speed from top to bottom.

What could be causing this ?. Could it be something like the extension lead causing interferance ?. Would it be worth upgrading to one of those expensive "clean power" extension leads ?.

I had no problems whatsoever with my old 30" Sharp LCD, This JVC is a really nice TV but these lines are starting to annoy me !!.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have just turned my TV to watch a DVD. THE LINES ARE NOW GOING FROM BOTTOM TO TOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

What the Hell is going on, this is driving me mad.

Help me GaryB, you are my only hope.

GaryB, help me before I throw this thing out of the window !!!!!!

I have the 32" DS6, It could be a long shot but turn off all the av kit you've got connected to the tv except for the dvd and see if the lines are still there as I get interference on Scart2(xbox1) from Scart1(Sky) but when I put Sky on standby I get no interference on the xbox, like I said it's a long shot, I have read a couple of posts which state the same problem you have on component ( I think one poster was Dee1888)

and36 said:
I have read a couple of posts which state the same problem you have on component ( I think one poster was Dee1888)

My LT-37DS6 should be arriving within the next few days.
I will be connecting my JVC DVD recorder by component and will keep you informed as to how it performs.

Hope you manage to get it sorted JB, but obviously my fingers are crossed hoping it is just an isolated incident.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tried it again this morning and there are no lines whatsoever, this is very wierd as I have done nothing different.

I will disconect everything later today and leave it running whilst playing a DVD for a few hours, see if that sorts it.

Dont you just love modern technology !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've checked DM6s and DS6s for this and I haven't seen anything so far. Given that it has now disappeared, is there any chance it could be caused by local interference like a nearby transmitter, etc.

Thats it I give up. The lines came back so I unpulgged everything apart from the TV and the DVD player, still had lines.

I have just taken the TV upstairs, and used a different DVD player - Still had lines.

My old Sharp LCD had a rock steady 100% interference free picture, I am gutted with this JVC.

The wired thing is, I have not noticed the lines with Sky (RGB) or my PC (VGA), its Component and HDMI that are affected.

I cant put up with it, once I spot the lines it drives me crazy. I will now have to sell it, and probably loose a fortune.

Thanks for your help anyway GaryB.

I just gave customer services at JVC a call regarding this issue Other than what they have read on here they are not aware of this being a recurring problem.
Having one of these sets on order I'm getting a little worried now
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Several thousand LT-26/32/37DS6s have been sold over the last year or so since they were launched. If this was a common problem there would have been reports of it by now. I'm still suspecting something external or possibly a fault with that particular set.

The problem I have got, and the reason I will never buy a TV online again is that its quite a hard thing to spot and if I send it back to the retailer (which wont be cheap) and they cant see the lines then I am screwed.

If I phone JVC they will almost certainly say "never heard of that sir, please contact the retailer".

It would be nice to think that someone from JVC could come to my house and see the fault/interference and sort it out for me, but I dont think thats going to happen somehow.

Next time its John Lewis for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update.

I watched a Region 2 DVD last night and there were no lines ????.

This would explain why only my DVD player was producing the lines via Component or HDMI as all I have watched is region 1 DVD's

GaryB, does this shed any light on the problem ?. Is there something I could adjust in the service menu that might help ?.

I really like this TV, but as most of my DVD's are region1 I need to get this sorted.

Is your colour system set to auto in the features menu

Its DEFINATELY and NTSC/PAL60 problem.

I played a region 1 DVD on my DVD recorder which is connected via RGB scart. After a few minutes there were lines. I then put in region 2 DVD, the lines were gone.

No mater what I use, RGB, Component or HDMI I get horizonatal lines with anything thats region 1.

I feel a bit better now that I have isolated the problem, now I have to find a fix.

Any ideas GaryB ??????????????????

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom