JVC lt 32dx7 reset problem!!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Relocation, Mar 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Relocation

Relocation
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have just received my jvc 32dx7 and after unpacking it, setting up sky+ dvd etc.... turned the set on...couple of seconds then jvc logo. Thinking all was well i proceeded to change a few sky settings contrast picture format etc... After this i proceeded to turn on the dtv, it asked me if i wanted to scan for channels, which i did. it then hung at about 39, so i cancelled the scan. turned of dtv went back to sky for a few minutes then decided to return to the dtv in the hope i could scan for channels again, proceeded as before, and before it got to 30 the tv turned itself off!! This is the position i am in at the minute. No picture, standby light comes on but then nothing, no picture, no sound nothing. I tried unplugging everything and starting again just with an rf signal. Still nothing. I am at my wits end over this as the picture was much better than i thought it would be with sky, and the missus gets in in about 40 mins and this could be humiliating. Please anyone cast some light on this, is it fixable?? Will i have to return the set?? Or am i just missing something glaringly obvious!! HELP!!

JUst left it off for ten mins and i turned on ok, but then 5 mins later it shut itself off again?? Is it overheating, does anyone else have this problem??:lease:

regards,
    steve

2. Relocation

Relocation
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Anyone?? :lease:

Regards,
    Steve.

3. DamoSXI

DamoSXI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not many people have this set yet so wouldnt be able to help you

4. Snakey2k5

Snakey2k5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    sorry to hear of your problem sounds like you have a duffer :( :thumbsdow never had any thing like that with mine everythings worked first time.
    with dtv i just started it up scanned channels and within 3 minutes was working A1 as was the rest of the set.

5. Relocation

Relocation
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Have managed to get the dtv setup now, and the picture is very impressive, only problem is the damn set still keeps turning itself off. The room is not that warm as i thought it might be a thermostat thing, but the thing is each time it lasts a bit longer?? Should i just return the set?? Don't really want to take another day off work for another delivery? Any sugggestions?? :(

6. ohanlon

ohanlon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never happened to mine, sounds like you may have a dodgy set...

7. Relocation

Relocation
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    NO worries now!! Phew!! Seems to have sorted itself out. STayed on all last night without a glich. MAybe just needed to settle in the new environment a bit?? WHo knows?? Anyway as far as the set goes, WoW!! is all i can say, even for the lower bitrate channels it still looks at least as good as my sony crt. Great connectivity good onscreen menu's great sound as well. Also after a bit of a play with the backlight i found that the blacks were pretty impressive too. Better than most lcds i had seen previously! Overal i would have to give this set a 9/10 deducting a 1 for the initial startup problems i had. To be honest the set was freezing when i received it and really i should have let it settle before turning it on straight away, but could not really resist!! ANyway this is one very happy customer!! :clap: :clap:

Regards,
    Steve.

8. Houghsx

Houghsx
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,365
    Glad hear it has sorted itself out, theres nothing worse then getting a new toy and it doesnt work. maybe I'll take the plunge soon lol

9. Relocation

Relocation
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well if you do take the plunge, i can thoroughly recommend this set!! After my initial problems, everything else has been sweet!
    Still a happy JVC customer :thumbsup:

10. Garelick

Garelick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem.

I think it is scart related.

Even when the set was off it made a humming sound.

I returned my first set because it turned it self off.

11. Relocation

Relocation
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well mine is going back today, cos it kept shutting itself off after about 20 mins. Now i have no picture at all, only the green standby light comes on, not even the blue light!!!!!:mad: Still well impressed with the PQ when it was working though, so looking forward to the replacement!!:thumbsup:

12. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,303
    Before you do that, unplug all SCARTS and test it. See if it stays on.

13. Relocation

Relocation
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the advice. Have already tried that but no joy. tried it with just an analogue feed even but still nothing. When it first turned off, the set just locked up with vertical coloured lines (very nice!!!) covering the screen.
    Pretty but not practical!! Still its not put me off replacing it as its a damn fine set!!!! FIngers crossed with the next one!!!! :)

14. Garelick

Garelick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My second one seems to be ok but I did have the same problem. I put the Sky in scart 2 and Homechoice in Scart 1. I did also get the same vertical lines. JVC were crap denied a problem.

15. Relocation

Relocation
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Glad to see that someone else has had the same problem!! Did you have to send the set to JVC service in London?? Would your set turn on at all?? Mine started turning itself off, but got to the point where it would not turn on at all!! Communication with jvc seems a bit poor i have to say, but how could they question a set that will not even turn on?? :rolleyes:

16. Garelick

Garelick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The attitude of JVC is abismal. They advise to contact the dealer who seems to want to wash their hands of the situation.

If ours goes again we will turn to Which.

17. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,303
    The dealer is responsible for support. Which dealer is it?