1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC LT-32DS6B - Need feedback

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Recopla, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Recopla

Recopla
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am planning to buy a new 32" LCD from the new HD ready batch. After reading a lot on the forums, my final list to choose, at least until the new Sony V series appear, is:

JVC LT-32DS6B
    Hitachi 32LD7200

About the Hitachi, I've seen a LOT of feedback, information (buzzing/not buzzing), even pictures.

About the JVC I've not been able to find that volume of information. Is not as widely available? Can the current owners of this set give a list of pro/cons ,and say which is the quality on aerial, soccer games, XBOX by component.. etc?

Thanks!!

2. knowley

knowley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I narrowed my decision down to the same two tvs, but I really didn't like the look of the Hitachi and the detachible speakers, like you the reported buzzing issues didn't inspire confidence and aside from that no where could supply me with one.

Only niggles I have with my JVC are:
    Remote is a little slow, liveable with.
    The Digital EPG could have a few minor features that my nokia ondigital box did, but its hardly a "problem".

And that the JVC dvd recorder I am about to get doesn't have RGB input, but thats hardly TV related.

Its bloody brilliant, I doubt you will be disappointed.
    :thumbsup:

3. Recopla

Recopla
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the comments. I will watch a lot of DVD stuff, but also a lot of aerial/satellite , mostly football games! Can comment about the quality of football or any fast-moving sport on it? Any noticeable blurring?

I've always owned CRT tv's, and this will be my first attempt at LCD , so making sure on spending the money on something that suits all my needs.

4. knowley

knowley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    F1 looked good last weekend.

5. Glenagoolie

Glenagoolie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I got this LCD last weekend, haven't gotten a DVD player or anything HDDEF hooked up yet but on normal tv it looks fine. For sport - watched some of the Liverpool game last night and it was very poor - the game that is not the PQ ;-) PQ was fine. I imagine for golf it will have difficulty with aerial shots of the golf ball, as it did have problems watching the hurling (Irish game) last weekend. I think it's possibly a problem with fast pans on SD.

6. knowley

knowley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have problems seeing the golf ball in an aerial shot on a CRT...
    Also you've got to remember some of the broadcasts aren't too great, like errrr BBC :(