JVC LT-24HD32J - Signal Problems - Again !

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by peterjspencer, Dec 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. peterjspencer

peterjspencer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    What seems like decades ago I had an issue with an old JVC LCD TV. I posted on here and found the answer was that my signal strength was to strong. A 10Db attenuator was fitted by a professional and all was fine.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/854453-lost-channels-jvc-lt-26dr7bj.html
    Anyway for Xmas i bought my girlfriend the JVC mentioned in the title. The problem is that most channels, when selected, will show for 5 secs and then the screen will go blank, and will show only the selected channel number on the screen. The BBC channels are fine and will stay on, as do a few others. (similar to my old TV). Other TVs in the house are fine, and the TV set she had on the same aerial feed was also fine. She lives about 6 miles away from me but I suspect she may be having similar issues I had in 2008. Are JVC TVs known for this problem or am I just lucky :(
    Is there a way that I can test the signal strength myself? I know I can get attenuators from Maplins, but how do I know what strength I will I need?
    Thanks for any help.

2. peterjspencer

peterjspencer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    On another note, what chances do i stand swapping the TV at COMET (which is where I bought it) on the basis that other TVs can cope with the signal, but the JVC does not. I will be rather miffed if I have to pay someone to adjust a signal that other TVs work quite well with.