Answered JVC LED smart hd TV

I mustve got an over the air update as my TV was fine by the end of the day. Currys emailed me back and said there is a fault and they manufacturer are fixing it.

:)

Firmware - the software that runs the TV hardware... TV's are like computers nowadays, so, like you update a PC, you also have TV's that update.

Over the air - that's simply how the update is 'delivered' - so, in this case, it gets an update via the aerial (ie like Freeview boxes etc). When things get 'stuck' during an update, you can sometimes get the software on a USB key and then plug it into the TV. The TV then looks at the USB key first and 'boots' from that :)

Anyway - more importantly, how is your TV now?
I’m having the same problem with my tv any ideas please

I got the JVC RT-24C681 but it insists on turning off after about 30 seconds before I can do initial setup like network connectivity so can't update firmware, Any ideas gratefully received

David

I got the JVC RT-24C681 but it insists on turning off after about 30 seconds before I can do initial setup like network connectivity so can't update firmware, Any ideas gratefully received

David
JVC TV's here in the UK are probably different from the ones in the US market.
It's obviously faulty so return it to your supplier and ask for a replacement or a refund.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom