1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Lcd

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Type23, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mods please can you move this post to the "Get your LCD out for the boys post" I cannot seem to find it !!!!

Very happy with the JVC LT26C31

Attached Files:

2. juniorbeep

juniorbeep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi mate, can't move ya picture but I'd really like to know what you think of the JVC. I'm thinking of getting one and am not a real "cables and leads" type of guy. Basically I'd have a freeview box and xbox conected to it. All I really care about is the picture.... any good?

3. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JB,
    The picture quality when fed from a good digital source like Sky is very good. A high end CRT pic will just pip it as the contrasts/blacks on LCDs lag slightly behind, however with D.I.S.T and Colour Management on the JVC the picture is extremely watchable. When watching in dark conditions the JVC's picture is with brightness/flesh tones/colours taken into consideration; better. When fed with a DVD signal (especially prog scan pal or NTSC) the picture is superb.
    I looked a loads of reviews/user opinions and demos before making my choice and in the end had to make a choice. New products are constantly coming to market and you can never have a product which meets everyones requirements. For my own part some of the the things which tipped me in favour of the JVC were:-

Picture quality
    Build/ JVC reputation
    Looks !( yes vain I know but it looks the biz in my flat and not one person who has seen it doesn't say its the dogs danglies !!!!! well apart from my mum who said it looked beautiful!)
    Several connection options covering nearly all possible permutations
    Future proofing (as far as possible!) Ability to play HD 1080i (HD 1125i) 50Hz/60Hz signals both Sky and BBC have made sounds about this lately !
    Value for money (some great deals out there ! was fortunate to get SKYS last deal JVC + DVD player for £1300 ! finished now but digitaldirect are doing just the LCD for £1269.65 !)

Well hope this helps, if you require any more info let us know!

Rgds

Rich

4. juniorbeep

juniorbeep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info... very useful. I've also read many reviews nearly all glowing. I've looked at the JVC in the shops and they all have them rigged up to some rubbish feed which runs about 20 screens, so can't really tell how good or bad any of them are. As I mentioned in my previous reply, I'm not a tech bod so I'm really just a plug and play type of fella. In comparisson to a CRT how would you feel the picture quality stands up?

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Type 23 do your self a favour a get a better DVD the JVC 412 is ok but a better component output unit will do wonders for the PQ

6. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hd,
    Don't understand what you mean when you say 412 ? the DVD I've got is the JVc XV-NA77 ?

Rich

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    My misstake was going on Pic not your sig mate! No worries.

8. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HD no worries ! JB like I said high end CRT will still come out slightly ahead but when watching high end signal I think the picture is really sharp, flesh tones vivid. The actual picture quality between a CRT and LCD are hard to compare (well for me anyway) as I feel its a different viewing experience. When watching DVDs with prog scan/component input the picture is wicked !
    hope this helps.

Rgds

Rich

9. juniorbeep

juniorbeep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the help! :D

10. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the 17" Version and love it.... it can get a little bit pixley (word??) at times, bit that is probably to do with the compression on the source more than anything else.

It looks stunning, the sound from the std speakers is a little weak, but the Hypersound works quite well for live events

11. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SM,
    If your thinking of trading up you would probably find the 26inch(I only found out that the actual picture size on my JVC is an equivalent to the picture size on my panny 28inch CRT ! due to the black border on CRT's not being included in the size description!, bonus !) fed with good digital source (really makes a difference to todays high end kit!) pic quality very pleasing. One of the things I cannot live without now is my surround sound system. I always wanted one for years and you even gain the benefits when listening to Nicam broadcast on terrestial tv, in addition to DTS etc when watching DVDs. With the numerous "cheap, as an entry into surround sound" systems out there I'd highly recommend one hooked up to your JVC !

Rgds

Rich

12. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The JVC is only a bedroom system.... so any bigger would be overkill!

It is hooked up to a lovely surround system, but i don't use it all the time..

Naim Nait 3R
    Yamaha DSP-E800 Processor
    Dynaudio Audience 40 Fronts
    Dynaudio Audience 42C Centre
    Mission M5DS Rears
    REL Quake Sub

Overkill for a bedroom i know, but it moved back when i moved back home for a while... i shall get a bigger TV when i move back out though - fear not!

13. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can understand why you don't use all that kit in your bedroom ! :eek: Have you considered the PJ route (for cinema experience!) for when you have a larger space ?

Rich

14. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do use the kit my room... just not all the time - as you can probably guess it gets a bit loud! Parents are away at the moment though so i've been "turning it up a tad" recently :)

When i move on i shall assess my options, its probably 12 months until the apartment i'm looking at is built, let alone ready... i'm not sure how well a PJ would handle normal TV use though??

I love the look of the JVC and given an apartment as my base, maybe a wall mounted LCD would actually be more suited anyway....

15. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you can see... far from ideal setup. But it works and sounds pretty good.

Hopefully some pics attached....

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      Size:
      43.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      Size:
      36.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      Size:
      42.3 KB
      Views:
  16. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use the PJ for "normal tv, favourite progs etc " sometimes but mainly for big screen entertainment , boys round for footy, pS2 etc,DVDs, got a pop up 50'' PJ screen and PJ sits on table, doesn't take long to set up and can be packed/hidden away quite easily which is definitely a requiste in my small flat. Would ideally like to mount lcd on wall but shape of my living room precludes this. It may not be pratical but I would investigate getting the builders of your flat to advise, maybe even "prepare" for you hanging a large screen on the wall ? (you can then maybe get hidden conduit put in, position sockets etc for a really professional look). With modern flats it can be difficult to locate fixing brakets, studs etc. Just a thought !

Rich

17. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its a warehouse shell... and my best mate is the architect.

The lounge/living area shall be devised around making a decent area for TV/Audio watching... fear not!

that was why i ended up moving back home... i finished uni a couple of years back and searched and searched for a decent place, but as you say finding somewhere already built that is suited to tv/audio was very difficult - i could, but not in my price range... so my mate kept an eye open on upcoming developments for me. Hopefully this shall turn out well!

18. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet ! sounds like a brilliant project ! Would love to try something similar myself, maybe when I win the lottery ;)

19. d.waters

d.waters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Has anyone tested the JVC against the new Panasonic 26" LCD? I was all set to go for the Panasonic, until I saw one next to the JVC. The JVC seemed to have a better picture, though they were both poorly setup (Comet), but the JVC's design looked so much better. I want something for a bedroom setup and my space is limited. The Panasonic's speakers really make that one too big!

20. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0