JVC LCD, is there a fan inside?

Stereo Steve

Novice Member
Alomst settled on a JVC 23" LCD but I remember reading a review a while back, may have been the 26" where they said the fan was a bit noisy. I didn't realise LCD's needed a cooling fan and am very wary of anything that does.

Usually everyone tells you the fan is not a problem and you just ignore it (PC's, Sky+ etc.) but I find them maddening which is why I have gone to geat lengths to build 2 fanless PC's for work and will shortly be modding or ditching my Sky+ box.

So, JVC owners, is there a fan in the 23 or 26? Please don't tell me 'Yes there is but it's barely audible' as I'll hear it and it'll wind me up.

cerebros

There's a fan on the 26" - don't know how loud it is as it was under showroom conditions (in Currys), but fan was clearly visible through the rear grill.

I did put my head close to the rear grill to see if i could hear it, but i couldn't honestly say I could over the ambient noise of the showroom as well as the showreel on the sets.

cerebros

I've not seen the 23" about so I'm afraid I can't answer that. Wouldn't be surprised if it did.

S

sponshagga

nobody's seen the 23" it's been due out since December!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom