JVC KD-AVX1 handbrake by-pass

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by tarsc, Jul 2, 2005.

1. tarsc

tarsc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, if anyone has bought this unit you may of had problems with getting the screen to play work while the handbrake is off.

I've just installed the unit into my car, and found a great work around if you have "decent" phono leads running from the front unit.

I bought a normal amp kit to wire up my subs in the boot. If you look at the phono lead in the middle between the left and the right channel there should be a small wire this runs from one end to the other AKA anti static wire (if not buy another photo lead an make sure it has it)

Connect the "handbrake by-pass" wire to this, and at the other end connect that to ur earth (i connected it to my amps earth)

Simple :)

Pics to follow!!

2. dayna62

dayna62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    if you read the original thread re this unit, this has already been covered, it will work if you connect to any earth, cost £0.00!!

3. Matty777

Matty777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Just seen this post, sorry for the delay.....

The "What" ??????

I am affraid you are misled. The is an amp "remote" This small wire connects from the remote lead at the back of the HU to the Remote terminal on the amp. Thus when you turn on the HU it fires up the amp by using a very small voltage. Therefore saving the amp being permanately on. I have never heard of it being anything to do with static.
    The only thing to do with static is to route amp power cables on the opposite side of the car to speaker/phono cables.

I would not reccommend wiring a handbrake bypass to an amp!

I would check all your wiring too, if you are not remoting your amp, this would suggest it's permanately powered. Think cars and barbeques or just flat batteries.

4. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,132
    Best way to earth the cable it to wrap it around the ariel socket or connect to the black cable on the iso box.

5. djsmall2424

djsmall2424

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm Dave from Canada. I'm looking at buying this unit but I was unsure if I could watch movies when driving. Not for me but my passenger. Is there a way to bypass the hand brake? If so, how? Thanks.

Dave Small
    Canada
    djsmall2424@hotmail.com

6. Harry_1

Harry_1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do either of the above and you (i mean your passenger!! :smashin: ) will be able to watch dvds whilst driving.

personally, i connected the handbrake wire to the earth wire on the iso block - very easy to do.