1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC HV32D40BKC any experiences of???

Discussion in 'TVs' started by markfto, Dec 7, 2004.

1. markfto

markfto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Has anyone any experiences of the above Tv, is it really hdtv compatible or have I misread its spec. Thinking about future tv broadcasts.
    Is it 100hz??

Would you advise getting this as a opposed to a kv32fq86 sony Or the above 36" jvc at 749 at empire direct??

Thanks

2. Yak

Yak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've had 28D40 for about 3 weeks now and to my (albeit untrained) eyes, the picture is nothing short of stunning. I spent the first week or so wondering why everyone else's TVs were so blurred.

I would have liked to get the 32 but it wouldn't fit through the front door of my house :-(

The manual says that it will take a 1125i signal, which I'm told is hdtv and I'm sure I read somewhere that its 75Hz rather than 100Hz

Hope this helps

Yak

3. Just Some Ugly

Just Some Ugly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yak - I've read on this forum that there are faint rolling bars (Lines moving up) when using RGB, have you noticed this??????????

4. Yak

Yak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The only RGB kit I have is the PS2 and have not noticed any lines on the screen

5. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    Sky have announced that their HDTV will only be available via a HDMI connector

6. anna the dub

anna the dub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have had the jvc hv32d40 for 6 weeks now and I have to say, yes, I have noticed the faint rolling bars on rgb. However, the important word there is faint. They are so faint as to be negligible, not noticeable when watching the telly normally, you can only see them if you get really close to the screen and are actively looking for them. They don't bother me in the least and I think that this is a cracking telly. Lovely picture and the progressive scan is awesome. As far as I am aware it is 75 Hz. I have no regrets getting this model.

7. boborg

boborg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my jvc hv32d40 last friday and lovely pictures for sure.

I have noticed some small errors when there's a test card on. When there are straight lines close together there seem to be some problems. It's in the area below the middle of this picture see http://www.sptv.demon.co.uk/testcard.gif (just to point out where the area is not a picture I've made)

Seems like digital errors blocks appear at certain areas.

If anyone else have the chance to check their jvc hv32d40 with a test card like that I would be interested in hearing if they experience the same.

8. quadmad

quadmad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. boborg

boborg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have tried all settings. None seem to have any influence.

I'm not in Great Britain by the way. I bought it in Germany. It has analog not digital tuner.

Anyway I did get a reply from JVC where they said that it was normal on old style analog terrestial channels. And that I shouldn't see it using a digital satellite receiver through scart.