1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC HV28P37SJE - What's all this about RGB Banding ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by andyboy, Jan 20, 2005.

1. andyboy

andyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just read a few posts where someone said this TV suffered from bad RGB Banding problems, I have ordered one from Empire Direct (£349.99 + Del) but I'm gonna run DVD's through Prog Scan.

However everything else (PS2, XBOX, Video, Freeview) will go through RGB Scart, my question is : IS THIS TV AS BAD AS THE POST SUGGESTED ? or was it just a 'bad batch' ?

Anyone help ? :confused:

2. Barzo

Barzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +255
    Depends what you mean by bad. I have noticed these lines from time to time, because I have been looking for them. We are taking *very* feint lines in the background, against areas of primary colour. Not too distracting, and, if you find that they are, then connect equipment S-video and this problem disappears (pq is not much worse through S-video on this TV).

X-box picture is fab. TV - well, not as good as other sources, but if you turn most of the processing to min or off, it is perfectly watchable, and that includes low bitrate, fast motion stuff like football.

Just a few issues, raised elsewhere in the threads. TV seems to have a problem with 60hz/NTSC signals through RGB Scart. On Ext 1, picture displays as composite in 60Hz (e.g. X-box 60HZ, transcoded NTSC) or pure NTSC. On Ext 2 (the other RGB capable Scart), the picture displays with a really off colour balance - reds become blues, people look like smurfs, etc. :) Now, I'm not sure if this is generic to the set, but I have seen posts which suggest it is. A bit of a pain, but, since nothing is perfect, easy to live with.

Minor grumbles aside, this is an excellent TV, and I'm sure you will enjoy it.