JVC-HV28P37S no sound

J

jonathancam

Hi,

My JVC-HV28P37S has suddenly lost its audio output. This happened once before in January but after I unplugged everything (including all scarts) and plugged it all back again it worked ok. I recently altered the scart configuration and it was still ok, but then suddenly last night it lost sound again. I think all I did was change the channel from the 1 to EXT4 (component - so no sound). Then I changed back to Ch1 & no sound - nothing from any channel.

I cranked the volume up to max and not even hiss. I tried flicking the mute on and off. There is nothing from the phono output either.

Any ideas? Could it be a dry joint to some such fault which after a bit of stress loses contact?

Thanks
J

onewingedangel

Sounds like your on the right track in regards to a loose internal contact.

On a sidenote have you noticed any geometry problems with your set? Its recently started to bug me that the picture curves inwards slightly in the middle horizontaly, and was wondering if this is just my set, or a quirk of the model. Even going into the service menu (mute and i at the same time) can't wholly correct the problem, and I don't want to play with the service menu too much as I don't really know what I'm doing).

Sorry for the thread highjack.

J

jonathancam

My set has always had a very slight pinch near the top of the screen. It is only slight and most people don't notice it. Seems to be worse if the band is also displaying white (or maybe that's just an optical illusion?)

onewingedangel

I don't tend to notice it when watching TV, but when I stick the now and next box on with freeview its obvious. The service menu has options for correcting picture skew there may be one to help you if its only slight.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom