1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC HV28P37 or Sony 32FX68U?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mt50, Nov 18, 2004.

1. mt50

mt50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    HI, i'm looking at replacing my old 21inch sony TV with a widescreen tv now as it's for my bedroom i don't want to spend much. i am looking at around £400. so i've got it down to 2 tv's the JVC which has got componant inputs and is 28inch, or the sony which doesn't have componant but is 32inch.
    both are £400 but the sony may be a returned item not sure yet need to check it out. and the JVC comes with a 5 year warrenty.

just got a couple of questions. does the JVC do 480P? as i've got a usa xbox so prog scan would be nice.
    would you beable to tell the difference from RGB to prog scan on a 28 inch TV or would i be best to go with th esony for the extra size?

need some help or mini reviews n both tv's as i would like to buy one in about 2 weeks.
    thanks

2. bigtired

bigtired
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I have the Sony and am delighted with it. The alternative I looked at was a Loewe but plummed for the Sony in the end. There are loads of threads on here estolling the virtues of the Sony. Can't comment about the JVC.

Regards

Justin

3. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have the 32FX68 and can confirm it is flippin' superb in every regard. Who the hell is selling it for £400??

Bargain of the century at that price!

4. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Hi mt50 yes the jvc will take 480p and 1080i from a xbox i should now i have the 32" version of this tv and you will notice a difference from rgb. :thumbsup:

5. 123orth

123orth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i am keen for this sony set
    cheapest i have seen is close to 700£ ,where did u find this bargain for 400£

6. mt50

mt50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    hi, it's in my local argos in the clear out they are having. you don't get a stand with it though. and i think the are returned items but arn't sure as the boxes don't look like they have been opened they are just very dusty.

still not sure which one to get :(

32inch may be too big for my room but then if i get the 28inch tv i may which i'd have gone for the extra size after a while.

really don't know what to do.