1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jvc hv-32p37sje

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by captain111, Dec 12, 2004.

1. captain111

captain111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    This is my first post, so go easy on me........right, the problem

i bought a jvc hv-32p37sje about 5 months ago now and have been impressed generally with the set, but, there are a couple of problems that have come to light recently....

1. i get a purple-ish colour on theright hand side of the screen about half way up, it looks as though there is a magnetic field right in the middle of the screen, i only get this on my sky digital, never when playing dvds or games on my xbox.

2. yet again this only happens when i watch sky-i get about 4-5 lines at the bottom of the picture, really annoying when the camera pans!

3. It tells me on all reviews and in the manual that it accepts several different high definition ratios, all the way up to 1125i. yet when i try to run my xbox in anything above 480p the tv will not show the picture! This is a problem because it was the main reason i got this set.

i know that the set is quite old now, but i only recently got my high def kit for the xbox.

thanks for any help that you guys can give me, i am so close to just sending the set back, but really dont want to as i am impressed with the overall quality of the tele.

2. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    II Captain

I have had this tv for a year now and will try to help you

1.the purple-ish colour you mention sound like a convergence error i also get this but on the left handside of the screen dont think it can be fixed in the service menu would have to call a engineer out to have a look but not worth all the hassle.
    2.if you have movie theatre on turn it off this seems to help me with the lines at the bottom off the screen or just experimentwith the settings.
    3.i have a chipped xbox and run my games in 480pntsc no problem but the tv does not support 720p so leave it disabled 1080i however should work but i have no games that support this resolution only now of a few such as matrix,syberia,dragons lair.

i personally think this tv is very good for dvd and xbox as for sky it just shows the limitations of skys picture quality.

3. captain111

captain111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that, im glad im not the only one with these problems, but as for the 1080i, it dosent work...i have tryed it with matrix, and all it did was crash the box....so maybe its not a television problem!

but if the set dosent support 720p, then why? this seems a bit silly...especially as it says in the manual that it supports 625p,525p and 1125i! This is fine, but ive never heard of 625p, i thought that they would include 720p, its alot more common!

what actually runs in 625p?

thanks for the movie theatre advice, it worked a treat, no more lines :D

4. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    hi

i think 625p is standered pal progressive mode the amount of lines in the picture as for 720p dont think any crt tvs are capable of showing it not sure why.

5. daddyorchips

daddyorchips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    >peahead

I take it you run the xbox through the component connectors? Do you get any problems with the picture using the RGB scart connector? It's just that I've got a ps2 also, and so want to connect it via scart. Will I have any probs running them it in pal60? (picture anomalies, banding etc - i.e. similar to the lines, purple colour mentioned above)

Thanks

6. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Hi daddyorchips

Yes i do run my xbox through component but i have tryed the microsoft official scart lead and had no problems running games in pal60 mode however my tv does suffer from the faint line problem when useing rgb scarts but i can get round this by useing a s-video lead instead.Dont now if playstaion2 can output s-video think they can so use s-video if your tv has problems with rgb. :thumbsup:

7. Baseley09

Baseley09

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Sorry to bumb this 4 years later, but after circa 1.5 yrs of ownership i noticed yesterday that the pink problem on the right hand side had got really bad after the tv had been on all day.

Unplugged it and left it overnight, cleared it up a lot but the initial patch still remains, was a cure for this ever found?

Cheers.

8. sparky_paul

sparky_paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I had the purplish patch too at one point, I found that the JVC is extremely sensitive to external magnetic fields.

Moving a freeview recorder from under the TV cured the problem, so I would try moving other electrical devices, speakers, receivers, DVD players, etc., around the TV to see if it makes any difference. If your TV is on an internal wall, don't forget things on the other side - fridges, microwaves, cookers, other TVs, etc.