Jvc Hv-32p37

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ricco10, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Is someone has noticed that when crt is in 2.35 format movie with black bar or band there is thin bright line between those black bands and screen's image.

It appears especially when digipure is on.

I have sent a mail to garyb and i still waiting for an answer.

Is anybody knows about this? :lease: :suicide:

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,308
    Sorry for the late reply - haven't been near the computer much.

A single slightly brighter line at the very top of the picture is normal. It's a side effect of the DIST processing and cannot be changed.

3. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank Garyb

is common on those kind of crt?

I need that someone check for me in service menu (Touch I and Menu Botton)

1-IF service menu

1/ VCO

And tell me if the yellow tab is in JUST REF position or BELOW POSITION or else.

Regards

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,308
    It's not caused by the CRT, it's caused by the DIST processing.

This will vary as part of the setup of the set.

You should not change it.

5. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so if i well understood every tv set as crt lcd plasma etc with dist processing have the same thin line as i describe before.

Nothing to do to reduce that effect?

Thank

PS does it depend on the source quality?

6. JavierS

JavierS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    GaryB,
    I have a 36P38 that I think has some black crush and color decoding problems (ref. DVE).
    I have the 32d25 SM and they seem to have the same options in V/C but the buttons on the remote don't seem to have the same functions, if you have acces to this model's SM, could you please tell me how to calibrate white balance on this set (low light, high light)?
    Thx.
    PS. I sent you a PM.

7. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Javiers,

Have you noticed the same things that i have described in this post.

Reagards

8. JavierS

JavierS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, no line in my set, but I'm using it with a DVDO iScan HD+ outputing [email protected] for PAL discs and [email protected] for NTSC and maybe this is different to 480p/576p straight from the player.

9. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do you use digipure on?
    and screen dispaly with cinema format haven't you thin brighter line between black band cinemascope and screen image?

10. JavierS

JavierS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No Ricco, no line here.

Everything OFF and VNR to min.

11. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can you try for me with the digipure on?

Thank

12. JavierS

JavierS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried it many times and I get no line, I have it off because I don't like what it does, even in MIN its too agressive for my taste, the scaler does a much better job.

13. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    garyb said it is normal it come from dist
    but you don't those things?
    Have you an idea where it comes from?
    i have service menu of this crt hv-32p37 so if you can help i will really thank you.

14. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why JVC said it s a normal things with DIST processing then it is not the same for everyone?

15. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is dist technology jvc create this thin britgher line when black bandes cinemascope are displays?
    people who have a jvc with dist processing willbe kind to answer to this question?
    without forget that happens with digipure on min or max or auto?

16. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so nobody strange i am people in uk has much bought this model or similar than french people
    so let me please a message to let me know

17. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Ricco, I'm not talking from experience of this set but from a possible solution.... try adjusting overscan to rid this white line or adjust vertical position.

Although this may only happen in 2.35:1 mode it's not unusual for Tv's to show differing amounts of on screen image in different aspect ratio's. Sometimes you need to find a happy compromise.

18. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank

could you precise overscan adjusting please?

19. Will Scarlet

Will Scarlet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +663
    Hi,

I have a JVC HV32D40 which uses DIST and Digipure. I have not experienced this line you talk about with any of my DVDs regardless of the aspect ratio. I think it's called that, 2:35, 1:85, etc. I use it mainly for DVDs in a home theatre setup and find it superb, the picture is excellent. The only problem I had was the NTSC line tearing issue, but GaryB kindly sent me instructions to fix this and I'm now 100% happy with this set.
    I wonder if your DVD player may be a contributing factor. I initially bought a Pioneer DV575 based on some outstanding reviews. Unfortunately with this TV I got horrible jaggies, obviously a compatability issue. I subsequently bought a Panasonic S97 and the combination works wonderfully well. I use it with component out and with this TV it knocks the socks off the DV575.
    To start with I turn of all av enhancements in the DVD player menu, sending as pure a signal as possible to the TV and letting it alone handle picture processing. Make sure that the TV is not trying to enhance an already enhanced signal.
    Regards Digipure, I generally set it to Min mode for Pal and Max for NTSC. Of course this is a general rule and depending on the DVD can sometimes vary. VNR always Min for DVD, Auto-Low for TV. In progressive scan Movie Theatre mode is disabled, so I can't change that. Colour Digipure is always on.
    One final point. Have you set your TV up using a setup disc? I bought Digital Video Essentials and found that out of the box the TV was way too bright and contrast was also too high. My contrast is now set so that the middle of the slider is level with the beginning of the Picture mode box above it. Picture mode is normal by the way. The brightness is one touch below halfway and sharpness is all the way left, in other words off.
    Hope some of that made sense. Good luck.

20. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank

can you sent me what garyb provide you?

21. ricco10

ricco10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anybody else has an idea to "fix" his problem?

22. Will Scarlet

Will Scarlet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +663
    Hi ricco10,

The information GaryB sent me has nothing to do with the issue you are having. It relates to an issue that occurs sometimes when viewing NTSC DVDs using progressive scan. A ripple line effect appears across the lower half of the picture and slowly moves up the screen, it's called line tearing. This happens for a few seconds and generally only once or twice a DVD. GaryB sent me instructions and new eeprom settings to fix the issue. It is an official JVC fix so I think it best that you PM GaryB for it. Anyway, I see no mention of a line tearing problem in your original post, and applying this fix just for the sake of it would seem rather foolhardy. If done incorrectly you can kill your TV.

23. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,308
    Will Scarlet is spot on, these are two separate issues.

As I said in my earlier post, the slightly bright line at the top of the picture is a side effect of the DIST processing and is normal on this model. It will vary slightly depending on the exact settings you use and the picture content, but it is always there. It cannot be eliminated.

24. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I believe what happened to you is that with Panasonic you got a progressive scan output to the JVC thus getting a non-interlaced picture. So it is not the Pioneer to blame but potentially bad de-interlacer in the JVC...I have seen in the shop how JVC handles interlaced sources and I was surprised how bad it was...they probably didn't set the processing right (or messed something up) and they could not be bothered to connect a proper progressive scan player and adjust the settings...so, ricco, the line you are mentioning is the least of your problems with this set...of course I'm not saying it's bad and I'm considering buying it, but that it needs careful adjusting and matching the processing with the nature of the source...

25. Will Scarlet

Will Scarlet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +663
    You may be right, I'm not knowledgeable enough to say. All I can say is that I was using the Pioneer with progressive scan too. Anyway, as I said I'm delighted with this TV + DVD pairing and think the JVC an excellent performer with DVD in progressive scan. The TV picture whilst very good is less impressive, but I believe this has more to do with the quality of the broadcast signal it receives. It's certainly on a par with other brands in its price range in this department though. So overall I'm very happy, especially considering its main function is as the centre-piece in my home theatre setup.

26. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    If only it came in black finish...heh!

27. anna the dub

anna the dub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    GaryB, sorry to butt in, but I have a d40 and do have the line tearing problem on NTSC, find it extremely irritating. I would be grateful if you would give me the instructions that you gave to Will Scarlet.

28. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,308
    The information is at work and I'm back there on Tuesday, so PM me your email address and I'll send it over.

29. anna the dub

anna the dub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks GaryB. Have PM'd you my email address. Just for info, it was after reading your comments on the d40 that convinced me to choose that tv. Don't regret it at all. Lovely telly.