JVC HV-32P37 & Xbox 360 @ 1080i

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Baseley09, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Baseley09

Baseley09

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Looking at buying this TV this week.........there are many threads about it here which ive looked through.....

But has anyone had an Xbox 360 (or PS3 or other HD source not from a PC) running at 1080i on it?

Thanks in advance!

2. ns1col

ns1col
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

I'm sure that someone in an old thread had a JVC D-Theater vcr running at 1080I over component with one of these tv's.

For the record i've had the 36" version running upscaled 1080I from a Samsung DVD-HD745 dvd player until i borked itself.

3. McGeeza

McGeeza
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got the HV32D40 (which i think is the later or freeview version - but don't quote me on that) - and assuming they work in a similar way to the P37s - running the 360 at 1080i and it looks great.

The sets not perfect though (black on white or vice versa sometimes goes a bit 'fizzy'; occasional faint vertical bar interference when using the 360) so if you are a bit anal on quality you may not be happy.

Personally I think the pros outweigh the cons (no ghosting; blacks are black etc,) but i'm sure the LCD and Plasma people could argue their case just as well... :D