1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jvc hv-32D40 vs. HV-32P37

Discussion in 'TVs' started by emfect, Dec 30, 2004.

1. emfect

emfect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I am looking for the difference between the jvc hv-32p40(d40 in UK) and the HV-32P37S (which is a year older).

It seems from the JVC website tech specs document (found here: http://www.jvc.nl/files/techspec/04jnl_television1.pdf) that the only difference is that the sound of the P40 is better and that it has 900i/75Hz instead of just plain 75Hz (whatever that means).
    Here in The Netherlands the P40 is 230 euros more expensive. Can anyone give me an argument why I should go for the P40 instead of it's predecessor besides of just wanting to have the newest model ;)

Had the DIST technology been further improved with the P40 or is it the same as the P37?

p.s. I know in the UK the D40 has an integrated DTV tuner, but in Europe that is not the case (that is why it's called the P40 I think).

Thanks in advance for anyone that can shed some light on this!

2. emfect

emfect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one here knows anything about the difference in picture between these two tv's?

(sorry bout the bump)

3. boab_is

boab_is

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The D40 model has a built in digital tuner in the UK, and a very slightly upgraded D.I.S.T. picture enhancement over the p37. other than that, essentially the same. If the D40 model is available at a similar price, it is a nicer looking set, so get that one

4. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    the p40 is the d40 without a digital tuner and is not available in the uk, and can only be obtained by importing. i believe feature wise the p37 and p40 are similar.

5. emfect

emfect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    boab_is: Can I ask where you got the info from? Because I called JVC Holland and they say the only difference between the P37 and the P40 is the design (but the guy didn's seem too sure).
    Here in Holland the P40 is at least 120 pounds more expensive but if it indeed has a better version of D.I.S.T onboard (or better sound?) I think I'll get that one...

Thanx for all the help!

6. Bonex

Bonex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what I know the 32D40 is only sold in the UK. The 32P40 (notice the D in the first and the P in the second model number) is sold in the rest of Europe. The D one has a digital tuner for digital terrestrial transmissions.
    If it can be of any help, the review of the 32P40 of an important Italian a/v magazine is better than that of the 32P37. They are basically the same tv (they have the same tube and all), but comparing the two reviews it seems that the D40 has better convergence/geometry. The P40 is probably a slightly improved model. They said the rgb connection is a lot better (even if not prefect) than the P37 (lot of noise) and didn't mention any compatibility issue with ntsc on the rgb (the P37 seems to be unable to show an ntsc signal properly on the rgb input).
    Hope this helps!

7. Shadow_Zero

Shadow_Zero
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone verify now if the P40/D40 has better RGB support for NTSC?
    I'm looking into these 2 models myself now and wonder which to pick :)

8. geese

geese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    can these models really take 1080i and 720p?.......cuz that would rock man.

9. funcky

funcky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    These models can display 1080i, but not 720p, so hd compatible but not hd ready (I think). In the UK the rgb outputs any 60hz sources in composite on the P37 and P40 unfortunatly, think it will apply to Holland as well, but don't quote me on this. If u have the money go for the newer model, but there is'nt much difference between them.

10. Shadow_Zero

Shadow_Zero
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's just too bad, why would they do that? :confused:
    I've heard some stories about bad NTSC and PAL60 RGB support with the tv over here as well, so I assume the models are pretty much the same.
    I also read it was improved with the P40, but if I hear you it's still not good...?

11. Shadow_Zero

Shadow_Zero
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And can it display full/true 1080i high definition, or is there some downgrade process attached to that with?