1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC HV 32D25 service menu

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by JonathanKnight, Oct 1, 2003.

1. JonathanKnight

JonathanKnight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking in the service menu on my JVC HD32D25 last night. I was not changing anything, just poking around. When I go into option 4 the picture on the screen goes a bit haywire. Is this normal?

I was trying to find the geometry settings as I think mine is not quiet right. It is most noticable on programs like Sky News that have text at the bottom of the screen.

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    This is normal when on the first adjustment (FREE RUN) in the deflection menu. This adjustment is to set the free run speed of the line oscillator. It removes the sync feed to the set, hence the unstable picture. The aim of the adjustment is to get the free run as near as possible to a stable picture.

3. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,747
    Mine goes mad in the FREE RUN option as well. It only seems to change between going mad and going not-so-mad. LOL

If you press down on the remote (from FREE RUN) you can then cycle down through the other Geometry options. If you adjust anything make sure you write down the default settings beforehand!!!

4. JonathanKnight

JonathanKnight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much, nice to here it's OK.
    I think I'll wait for my Viedo Essentails DVD to come before I try adjusting too much. Or if it turns out to be too far out I might try to hassle the shop to come out and adjust it.