JVC HR-S7965 S Video frame jump

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by rockyglw, Aug 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. rockyglw

rockyglw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi I have just purchased a JVC HR-S7965 SVHS recorder with whichI am amazed at the picture quality. However is it normal for there to be a small amount of picture jitter when the machines B.E.S.T. system is operating, also is ther any way of correcting frame jitter when slow motion is being used. Asthe machine has digital slow motion the normal tracking adjustments do not seem to operate
    Cheers

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    The jitter while BEST is doing its stuff is normal. You will probably see contrast & brightness changes in the picture at the same time.

To get rid of jitter in still & slow, I think you should be able to put it in still mode and then use the TV channel up and down buttons to minimise the jitter.

3. bigbaddonkey

bigbaddonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I was thinking of buying either this video player or the Panasonic 880... can you guys tell me how quiet the motor is on this JVC or any thing else positive about it?
    Thanks.

4. rockyglw

rockyglw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Superb machine, totally quiet motor, at least mine has. S-VHS pictures and sound very hard to differenciate from live. VHS very good at SP speed and tolerable at LP and EP. Controls Sky Box with infra red link which avoids the use of Sky EPG.
    I have a Panasonic DMR50e DVD recorder, which at times the JVC produces images of equal clarity.

5. bigbaddonkey

bigbaddonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the relpies.... My VCR has just packed up and I'm in two minds wether to buy a VCR or DVD Recorder. This JVC recorder was one I was looking at.
    Rocky, I see you have both a VCR and DVD recorder... does your VCR have any advantages over the DVD recorder in practical terms? apart from the cost of software?
    Thanks, BBD.

6. rockyglw

rockyglw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Not really other than the fact that the DVD recorder will only record 4 hours max in reasonable quality, whereas the JVC will record 8 hours in LP on S-VHS in very good quality. The DVD recorder has edit facilities and time slip and DVD quality recording in SP or Xp but that only gives a max of 2 hours recording.

7. modeus

modeus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rocky, sorry to stray from your original point, but you have the exact same setup that I'm considering getting. I've already bought the JVC 7965 and I'll probably go for the Panasonic E50.

The main purpose of my setup (aside from normal usage) is to transfer my home movies (VHS) onto DVDR. Have you done any VHS->DVD transfers? Any advice or things you would do differently now that you've used both machines?

Thanks.

8. rockyglw

rockyglw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Ratchpot. I have used the SVHS output of my JVC directly into the SVideo input of my Panasonic and produced very high quality copies, even with non SVHS tapes. In order to edit the disks I normally use my computer as I have a DVD-RAM RW. I use this to cut out adverts etc. instead of attempting to stop start the JVC or Panasonic when recording and then copy the final disk onto DVD-R. Hope this helps, post again if you if you need any further info