Jvc Hmdi Or Dvi

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by DAVID.65, Nov 4, 2005.

1. DAVID.65

DAVID.65

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking Of Buying Either Jvc Lt-26a1s Or Jvc-26ds6b One Is Said To Have Dvi The Latter Has Hmdi I Not Tech Minded And Would Appreciate If Someone Could Tell Me The Difference And Much More Important Are These Good Lcd's

2. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +943
    HDMI means the audio can go down the same connection, and the video quality may be slightly better in some instances. They are compatible in the sense that you only need a suitable adaptor or cable to inter-connect them. It's not a discriminating factor in itself.

I'm afraid I'm the wrong person to ask about PQ. I think most people would recommend Sharp or Samsung these days.
    I don't wish to nag, but will get a much better response if you use sentences, and post in the body of the forum rather than the power buy section, which really is for dealers.

regards, Nick

3. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,308
    As welwynnick mentioned, HDMI is basically DVI with audio and you can get adapters to convert between the two.

The two sets that you mention are very different beasts however. The LT-26A61 (you have a digit missing from the model number) is a reasonably basic set with DVI input & HD compatibility.

The LT-26DS6 is a top the the range set with HDMI, HD compatibility, built in digital tuner and DIST. This is a much better set if the wallet will stand it.

See these threads for lots of discussion about this model and the 32" version:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222900

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203633

4. nogimmix

nogimmix
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I've got the 32DS6BJ version and it's top quality, you won't be the slightest disappointed with the 26" version.