Question JVC HEAD UNIT USB SEARCH QUESTION??

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by 50percentextra, Oct 3, 2017.

1. 50percentextra

50percentextra
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I am looking at buying a JVC KD-X342BT head unit for my car and i want to play music via a USB pen drive. I popped in to Halfords, along with my USB drive full of music to have a look at the stereo working.

The stereo picked up all the files and was able to play the music fine but i have a question that the member of staff couldnt answer so was wondering if you lot are able to...

When scrolling through the folders on the pen drive, the stereo would show on the display...

Folder01, Folder02, Folder03 and so on and then it would show the name of the track (sorry if this isnt making much sense, its easier to see than explain) but what i want when scrolling through the folders is for the stereo to show the names of the albums eg ac\dc back in black, Black Sabbeth black sabbeth etc and not folder01, Folder02 etc.

I have made sure the folders are named the name of the album but it still comes up with the folder number.

Do any of you use this stereo or one like that has had the same issue? Any idea's on how to make the stereo show the name of the album and not a number?

i did have a look at other Sony, Kenwood and Pioneer head units but they didnt pick up all my flac files like the JVC did so i would want to stick with JVC.

Any help or advice would be appreciated :)

Cheers!