jvc hd990 projector warranty/repair

darron027

Established Member
Reaction score
My PJ (jvc hd990), developed the 'pink band stripe' issue a couple of months ago.
Still under warranty and was returned by me to the shop I purchased it from about 20days ago, I believe that the projector was sent to JVC pretty quickly.

I've now phoned the shop a couple of times (back end last week and today) for an update (and they say they are waiting for jvc to get back to them.........). Getting a little frustrated with zero feedback at this time.

Can someone advise jvc/repair centre contact numbers so that I can attempt to get in contact direct for an update.
Also anyone whats the 'general' turn around time of such repairs etc with JVC.

Thanks in advance

My PJ (jvc hd990), developed the 'pink band stripe' issue a couple of months ago.
Still under warranty and was returned by me to the shop I purchased it from about 20days ago, I believe that the projector was sent to JVC pretty quickly.

I've now phoned the shop a couple of times (back end last week and today) for an update (and they say they are waiting for jvc to get back to them.........). Getting a little frustrated with zero feedback at this time.

Can someone advise jvc/repair centre contact numbers so that I can attempt to get in contact direct for an update.

Thanks in advance

Hi Darron

JVC`s contact no. is 0208 450 3282, your dealer should have this no. to ring them i`d have thought and maybe has :smashin:

cheers Allan

All sorted thanks!

I'd be interested to know if they did a swap, as they did with my HD750.

If so, which one, please? :)

Yes I've been offered a swap for a 'refurb/rebuilt' X9
I've accepted on the pre-agreement that its 10/10 in every respect.
Not sure how long yet before I will receive it.

Yes, that sounds about right, as my HD750 was replaced by an X7.

Glad you're sorted! :smashin:

Thanks in advance

Hi Darron,

I`m having the same issue with my HD950.

The trouble is at the moment mine seems to be an intermittent fault, the pink line comes and goes. It was returned to the dealer 2 weeks ago and as far as I know it was fine whilst at the dealer :facepalm:

They were supposed to be returning it to JVC last Monday but I`m not sure if it has gone there or not.

I received an email earlier saying it was with the "repair agent" and the current turnaround time is about 2 weeks and I should hopefully have an update next week. But I still don`t know what this means exactly, has the pink line re-appeared or not !

When your HD990 started showing this fault was it intermittent to begin with or did it just show itself and stay that way ?

At least JVC have acknowledged your problem and have offered a solution, let`s hope you get some form of working projector back very soon.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi jacked,
the pink line on my 990 was permanant. i.e. there all the time. Noticed it a couple of months ago. Assuming your 950 has the same problem as mine and others have had, my guess is that its an 'uneconimical repair' for jvc as mine and others have been told and you may well thus get offered a replacement.
Hope we all get a PJ back soonest (its my only form of any A/V as we dont have a TV anymore).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom