JVC HD350 - Projector Central Image Size

stevos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking of replacing my 7205 with a 350 and was checking on the projector central image calculator thing to make sure i could fill the screen with the 350

Here are my stats

range (projector to screen) = 305cm

image width = 170cm
image height = 95cm
image diagonal = 195cm

Ok i know this is a big image for the range, but i like it.

When i plug these figures in the bar goes red.

Could someone explain what this means.

Cheers
Steve.

I realise its not been long since i posted this, but i am eager to spend my money now i have made my decision to buy.

Anyone know the answer?

That image is small for 10 foot as if i change it to English it shows width of 67inches? Is that right, it will fit but it is showing red due to the brightness of the pj.
You will be okay however, i have the 350 and my screen width is 81 inch but it is 2.05 as opposed to 1.78. Go for it as it is an amazing pj imo :thumbsup:

I have been wanting 1080p for a while from my projector, so now seems the perfect time.

Bit late spotting this, but all it's saying is that the image will be very bright, but this isn't an issue for two reasons: You can lower the brightness using the iris control, or it would allow you to use a grey screen with lower gain that might help give better contrast if your room has light coloured walls. So a win, win for you.

Note that you can actually alter the iris setting within the service menu to give exactly the same steps as the HD750. The only difference is that the HD750 allows you to alter the iris steps in user menu, whereas the HD350 effectively gives you three presets (default being 15, 8 and 1 IIRC), which you can change to suit your requirements.

Thanks guys.

I am looking forward to see what sort of upgrade in image i get.

Thanks guys.

I am looking forward to see what sort of upgrade in image i get.

It will rock your world, i am still in awe at my 350; the shadow detail and darker scenes are a revalation :cool:

KelvinS1965 said:
Note that you can actually alter the iris setting within the service menu to give exactly the same steps as the HD750.

I never knew that, i will have to have a search around and see how you access it :)

I never knew that, i will have to have a search around and see how you access it :)

How to adjust the iris settings;

• Put the iris in whichever iris preset you wish to change
  • Enter the service menu: Up, down, right, left, enter (very fast, use two fingers if need be)
  • In the service menu there is a setting for the iris in 16 steps, select the setting you want for your preset, you mightr have to press 'OK' to save.
  • Leave the service menu.
  • Change to the next iris preset if required and re enter the service to change this preset.
  • Continue until done.
  • DO NOT ADJUST ANYTHING ELSE IN THE SERVICE MENU!!!

I put my iris at 14, 11 and 8 to give me a useful range. At 180 hours on my 1.5 gain screen I find that iris 8 is still too bright for me unless I have ambient lights on like when we have children watching. YMMV but at least you can fine tune the three settings that suit your setup.

I'll double check the details next time I have my PJ on and edit this post if necessary (probably at the weekend).

Anyone know where i can get a cheap but reliable HDMI switcher from.

Ideally i would want 2 or 3 inputs and 2 outputs?

I currently have a joytech (i think) splitter for 3 inputs and 1 output but going to need another output with this projector.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom