JVC GZ-MG77 AV port

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Tkrockeruk, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Tkrockeruk

Tkrockeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi guys, Recently purcahsed the JVC gz-mg70 camcorder, but now i need one with accepts AV in, as this model only has AV out. IM guessing it is only software restricted, not hardware. Is there anyway to remove this restriction if not i can take it back and exchange it for one that does, any reccommendations? I would like to stick to HDD though.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,523
    A few years back it was common for a camcorder without AV-in to only be software restricted, but not any more. The good old EU tax a camcorder with DV-in/AV-in as a VCR, which gets them more tax. They therefore decided that if only a quick hack was required then the camcorder would be taxed as if the AV-in was enabled out of the box. Therefore any cam sold in the past couple of years will have the inputs hardware disabled :mad: . So you will need to exchange the cam for one that already has the inputs if this is a requirement.

Mark.

3. Tkrockeruk

Tkrockeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Thanks for the advice, looks like its being returned then, have a couple of days left. :mad: