1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC GRDX25 or Panasonic NVDS60 ?????

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by WhiteLurcher, Dec 16, 2003.

1. WhiteLurcher

WhiteLurcher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All!

I'm New to all this and could do with some advise on which cam to get. I have short listed to these two JVC GRDX25 or Panasonic NVDS60 i would apreciate any opinions as I can't decide.

I am not concerned with PC editing put would like the best pictures and sound (particularly indoors) for my very limited budget of under £400. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Regards

Helen:confused:

2. rupertx

rupertx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Helen..
    The spec is pretty much the same but if you want to get down to specifics then the JVC has 16x optical zoom compared to a 10x on the panny.
    If your budget is £400 then you may consider slightly better models if your supplier is prepared to pricematch.
    I would also consider the Canon MV600, which is a little more expensive but you should manage to get a deal on it.
    Are you buying locally?, if so then take a list of internet dealer prices with you to the shops you visit.
    I did this recently in Jessops in Stirling.
    I went for the Canon MV650 which was priced at £699 in Jessops Stirling. I was armed with a list of cameras and prices which showed the Canon at £479 best price. Jessops finally agreed a price of £514. That is some serious markup i think you'll agree.

Whichever way you decide to go, have fun and remember to haggle based on your list.

3. Frenchie

Frenchie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    than the other model you mention.

I have no idea for features.

Hope it helps.

4. WhiteLurcher

WhiteLurcher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Decisions decisions!

Thanks for your help, I have now added the Canon MV600 to the list, I'm not sure if thats a step forword or back! Ha ha!

The Reviews are so confusing.

Thanks again.

5. Frenchie

Frenchie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JVC GR-D200 for £450 with top quality video and decent pictures I guess?
    Good optical and captor
    Not too big
    Flash included