1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC GRDX100EK At Dixons/Currys

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by woody67, Jul 26, 2003.

1. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Does anyone have any info on this model camcorder?

It appears to have been reduced by a few £100 down to £549 at the moment.

I can't find any deatails of it and JVC only list a GRDX 95 EX. Is this just a rebranded model for the Dixons chain?

Is it a good buy at this price, and are there any independant reviews?

The offer seems to end on Tuesday 29th July though.

Cheers
    woody

2. Berisford

Berisford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Woody, I too looked for info on this camera.

It does indeed seem to be a Dixons / Russian model, however, if you download the instruction manual from the JVC site for the '95' the Dixons '100' is listed on the front cover, so I guess it is a genuine model.

I did not go ahead with a purchase as there seems to be no 'aux' throughput facility. From the instruction manual it appears that you have to 'record' analogue material onto the DV tape then firewire it into the PC!

Not for me i'll buy Sony.

3. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Cheers

I eventually found some info from a link from JVC's Japanese site - I think it was a Canadian, Singapore or Hong Kong JVC site.

It appears that it is one of two new models - the lower model will be the 95, next up is the 100 and top one is the 300. The 25 may be phased out soon.

The 1.3 mp chip interested me, and as I only wanted it for general family and holiday stuff, and transfer to PC - it may be OK. Unit size was the crucial factor for me.

I bought it at the sale price, but have 14 days to decide if I should keep it ;o)

Initial thoughts are that picture quality outside is great, inside is good. Menu is a bit fiddly to use and trying to use it whilst filming shakes the camera all over the place (would have preferred Sonys' on screen menu) but I may get used to it.

Still pictures to the SD card are crap - even outside in sunshine. View finder is too small to use and does not extend out enough, and some motor noise is audible when there is little other sound recorded.

Whether it is worth £150 more than the 25ex model though, well I don't know.

woody