JVC GRDVP1 worth buying?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by jackuzi, Feb 17, 2002.

1. jackuzi

jackuzi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Still looking at getting a DV Camcorder. Spotted this model being sold in the highstreet for £710. Anyone using one of these and can give some feedback?

Also stil looking for any views on buying from Dubai/Singapore. Going there in August and not sure whether to wait and buy out there.

Cheers All:)

2. buckshot

buckshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Jackuzi

I bought this cam from Empire Direct http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/indexflash.htm
    For £699. I found the cam really good to use its ideal just to pit in your shirt pocket its that small. I cant think of anything wrong with it, I have not put anything onto video yet just onto disc and i am pleased with the results.

I also got a spare battery from anything digital . com, it aint a jvc but is compatible its a 2 hour model for the same price as the 1 hour jvc.

Let me know if u need anymore help.

Buckshot

3. ddp1960

ddp1960

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But how do you find the video quality, is the picture sharp and rich on a 36 inch tv? Does it get grainy?

4. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    DV-IN enabling can NOT be done on this model so if anyone wants to record back to Mini DV, it ain't gonna happen !!

Just thought you should know.....!!!

Mark T

www.datavision.co.uk

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a dvp3 and love it.
    Picture quality is excellent and also am a lot happier with the image stabilisation then I thought i would be (the canons looked better in the shop). The dvp3 also had a much quick auto focus then the canon's (MV4iMC and similar).
    I also have NO motor noise which a lot of people talk about. However having said that the mic on the cam is average as they are on all small cams.
    Darren

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm considering one of these. A friend's just bought one and it looks pretty good.

What do you reckon is the best way to connect it to a PC for transfer? I know that it's got USB and drivers for transferring the still images from the media card but I assume you can't transfer the video footage that way!?!?

Do you need a Firewire card and seperate software?

If so, any recomendations would be appreciated.

Cheers
    OG

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you store the movies on SD card you can then transfer via USB cable (which it does not come with). You must not however that this is stored in MPEG4 and also depends on the size of your memory card on how much you can store.
    To get what is on the tape to PC yes you need FireWire.
    Regards.
    Darren