1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC GRDVL767 or Sony DCRTRV18 or Canon MV550i ???

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by pgudge, Jul 18, 2002.

1. pgudge

pgudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am going on holiday in October, need to get me a new camcorder.

I have had excellent feedback on the Canon MV450i and can only think the MV550i is just as good, if not better, but only other two camcorders i've seen as competitors are the JVC GRDVL767 and the Sony DCRTRV18.

Can anyone tell me which is the best to go for, or if there is a better option than these three? the Canon is the dearest so anything upto that really.

2. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Be cautious of the JVC. A lot of people, myself included, wave had connectivity problems with our computers. Mine was in the shop 6 weeks before it would talk to my pc. Check out the button & menu arangement at a dealer befor you buy one. Sony's seem more solid. See if it has a bottom opening tape door. If it does you can't change tapes while it's on a tripod.
    Drafter

3. pgudge

pgudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    nothing on the Canon?

To be honest If I ever do get a tripod (which I probably won't) then changing a bottom loaded aint a problem.

I've read reviews for the Canon MV550i and the only two faults are, "may pick up noise" and "bottom loader", well since the bottom loaded will not affect me it does make this Canon one a kill camcorder. No major disadvantages.