1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC GR-DX97 Camcorder !!! !!! !!! !!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by teenagemaniac, May 8, 2005.

1. teenagemaniac

teenagemaniac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there. Does any one have a JVC GR-DX97? I am wanting to get one, and I wanted to ask, can you burn footage that you have transferred to PC onto DVD? It says VCD in the description, but surely you could just use another programme such as ULEAD 8 to transfer the MPEG4 format into a DVD compatible format? if you dont have this camerea , please offer support ..

Thanks , Sean :thumbsup: :lease:

2. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

This is a mini DV camcorder so you just capture the video footage via Firewire to your computer and using whatever software you wish make a DVD. This camcorder has extra feature of web streaming, and this is where you got the MPEG 4 format from. If you read the FAQ's about editing to DVD from DV then you will learn more!!

Hope this helps

DigiStuff

3. teenagemaniac

teenagemaniac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot , your support helped :D ... Iv changed my mind however... I want a JVC GRD-290 Camcorder...

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You seem to be asking almost the same question about a number of different cameras.

As a general statement *ALL* MiniDV cameras have a firewire port which you can use to transfer high quality video to your PC, there is a large selection of video capture/editing packages available and you can basically use any one of them with any MiniDV camera - you do not have to use any of the software which may be supplied with the camera.

As a user of Ulead VideoStudio myself I can assure you it will capture from virtually every MiniDV camera and allow you to edit and output your video in a variety of formats.