1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC GR-DX95 Driver for Windows XP

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by crawlerm, Jul 12, 2004.

1. crawlerm

crawlerm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did have my camcorder working with my PC but have changed PC and mislaid the CD that came with the camera. I did think that Windows was supposed to automatically install the driver but it doesn't. I suppose I could try to get hold of another CD from Jessops but this doesn't seem very promising considering the service I've had in the past. I've searched all the driver sites I know as well as JVC. Can anyone help?
    Bob

:lease:

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't need a driver for Windows XP if you are capturing by firewire. Do I guess you are using USB or some other capture device, if so then it is a software programme your looking for not a driver.

3. Taff_o

Taff_o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you have any joy with this as I have the same problem, or do I just need to get a firewire card?

4. crawlerm

crawlerm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - yes I solved this ages ago. The answer is to use firewire. The USB connection, which works with the software supplied, gave a very poor quality picture anyway. With firewire you don't need any driver for the camera, a cable will cost about £15 though.
    Bob

5. ovidiuuk

ovidiuuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Crawlerm,

please tell me if you know if I can use and how, my mini dv jvc gr-dx95ek on Macbook pro. I tried yesterday to connect and didn't work. How is working firewire and where shell I find the cable? How I will connect between video camera and laptop? If you can't help me can anyone help?Thank you!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008