1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC GR-DVL767EK equivalent to GRD73 ????

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Seanxb, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Seanxb

Seanxb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My son has recently made a good job of damaging my JVD GR-DVL767 by forcing a tape from the mechanism. Hence, I either pay up £266 to repair it or claim off the insurance.

Anyhow, I've decided to claim but Empire direct have specified the JVC GRD73 as being the current equivalent at a value of £378.88

Given that my original DVL767 cost me £720, and as a discontinued model still retails at £500 in Jessops, this hardly seems a fair comparison.

So without making a long story longer, is the GRD73 equivalent to my DVL767 or should I be looking at something else.

Any advice appreciated.

2. Mentorron

Mentorron
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This model has good color saturation in reasonable lighting and is better than most in lower light levels (down to candlelight). Just ensure it has the input and output ports you actually need (DV, S-VHS, A/V, Microphone, headphones, etc). Many models remove certain ports to fit a price range.