1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC GR-DVL157 Query

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by SportiveUK, May 31, 2002.

1. SportiveUK

SportiveUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi,

Novatech are doing a special deal on the following refurbished Mini DV camcorder units:

http://www2.novatech.co.uk/NOVATECH/JVC_DVL157EK.html

The price is £329 but I can't find a review or details of this model anywhere (including the JVC website) so I suspect it is no longer made.

It this a deal worth considering?

Thanks

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondered... did you decide to get one of these from
    Novatech.. if so..how do you find it

opinions of it.?

Reason I ask is that I've just bought one of these myself..

As they stated.. the condition is as new... totally unmarked and initially I was very pleased.

No sign of any guarantee in the box at all, so I dont know whether one would have to return it to JVC or more than likely to Novatech.... I've emailed thaem asking to clarify this. :-((

I use a Sony Hi8 which I'm passing onto my daughter.

Picture quality is about par with the Sony, in fact I thought the Sony may be a fractionally better, but little in it.
    Probaly thought the picture would have been a little better perhaps.
    What I dont like and have even considered returning it for is very slight high pitch whine noise when its running.. not noisy or anything but it is audible, although I've not noticed it on recordings... well not so far. LOL
    So I may stick with it... A search on google shows this is quite common with Minidv cams.

I wanted for the firewire editing on the PC.

Would I buy it again.. not so sure I would, A good HI8 takes some beating IMO. Think I would have used the cash towards a better Digital Still camera.

Will see how it goes over the next few days, it may go back yet!

Regards

Cameron (Lancashire)

3. SportiveUK

SportiveUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I did not purchase one in the end as I could not really find any useful information and to be honest, my Sony Hi8 still gives excellent picture quality.

Hope yours turns out to be good buy after all, I'll start looking around again once winter time comes as I tend to do more video editing at this time of year...

Happy filming