1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC - GR-DV2000u

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Drafter, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. The lock button in the power switch is too small to push. 2. The "Manual Focus" ring on DV2000 is not a real manual focus but instead it is an adjustment ring for it’s electronic focus. 3. It advertises a 52 mm lens filter. The lens is not 52mm it is 38mm. Lowering light gathering. 4. The built in lens cap doesn't keep dust off the UV Haze filter. 5. The same old menu flipping for White Balance. 6. Iris control is multi-step. 7. Left handed menu wheel is very difficult. 8. Have to reset the MultiMedia card in its slot often. 9. I want to assemble edit with the DVL500 & DV2000, which would work with a different brand of camcorder. Per the DV2000 manual, page 59. "If the remote control is used when both the player and recorder are JVC video units, both units will perform the same function. To prevent this from happening press the buttons on both units." (HUH?) 10. The tape door opening on the bottom of the DVL2000 makes it impossible to change tape on tripod. Mine has been at the Electronic Servicenter in Philadelphia for 42 days. It doesn't download still's to computer. Optional MZ-V3u doesn't work. Gets hot. Gives error and stops on rewind and takes 1-10 min. to cool. The SD (Secure digital) memory card doesn't fit the contacts tight enough and says, "Wait" for up to 3 arduous minutes. Stopping this can damage the camcorder and card.Imagine this during a wedding.

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Is it too old to pursue your dealer for a replacement, ideally a different make? It sounds like a real lemon.
    The JVC GR-DV3000 is available now but a Panasonic, Canon or Sony might prove more suitable.

3. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just heard today that the camcorder is in the mail.
    If the problems persist, I think, I'll look at Sony.
    Thanks for he responce
    Drafter