1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Gr-d70

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Tamste, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Tamste

Tamste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interested in any user review on this camera.
    Magazine reviews seem to give conflicting views, some heavily berating it whilst others praising it and giving awards.

If you have views on this cam (or the GR-D50) please advise

2. Orbitalzone

Orbitalzone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I've just got the GRD50 and I've so far been pleased with it.

I got mine for £419 from a local dealer who also does internet sales (this I got mine from their shop at their internet price)

The camera is smallish and manageable, with good button layout. All menu options are accessed via a jog / push dial which is also used for manual focus. Easy to navigate menus make tweaking quite quick and easy.

Picture quality in outdoor conditions are really very good. Excellent colours and good contrast / brightness.

Auto (point & shoot) works well with quick auto focus and such like.

16x optical zoom is pretty good.. ignore the 700x digital zoom as it's not much use.

DV in and out PLUS av in and out make this ideal for video editing and plugging in your VHS and using the GRD50 as a digital converter so you could edit / archive old vhs footage onto a PC etc.

LCD screen is good and there's a small B/W viewfinder which works ok.

Low light indoor recordings aren't very good... dim and grainy unless in a well lit room. This seems very common with many DV camcorders.

Low resolution 640x480 'dv tape capture' snap shot feature is available but I've not bothered as I've got a better still digital camera.

Anyhow... I'd rate this 9/10 all in all.... great price... great performance and socketry.....

Download the JVC user manual
    Hope this helps!< HERE >