1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

JVC GR-D40 or Panasonic NV-GS11?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by alpijoe, Apr 25, 2004.

1. alpijoe

alpijoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hy!

I don't understand something... how is it,that the JVC GR-D40 is more expensive than the Panasonic GS11,but the Panasonic has more features... ???The quality of JVC is better or what?Can somebody help me?I'm not good at cams,so please reply me... if somebody would know,I'd ask which one is better?

Thx, alpijoe

2. alpijoe

alpijoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any ideas???

:lease:

3. El Indio

El Indio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The price is usually related to things like CCD size, max optical zoom, DV in, physical size, etc. - and then of course there is brand premium pricing (e.g. Sony >£ than Samsung).

Both of the Cams you mention have similar specs (1/6CCD 800k?) and I dont think you will notice much difference in pic quality. (There isnt that much difference between a £1000 model and £300 model in good sunlight.)

Panasonic has agressive pricing in the camcorder market (like the projector market) and its not a reflection on quality - just a marketing decision.

Of course this is just general comment. Your best bet is to find a review of the two models in question.

El

4. alpijoe

alpijoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    okey thx...

panasonic has microphone and headphone socket too,and it's also cheaper... and i haven't found a review about panasonic gs11 yet:(

and still a question:
    - JVC has digital colour night scope (0 lux)
    - panasonic has color night view,so it needs 2 lux min illumination
    how big is the difference?so... is 2 lux for min illumination good?

5. Vaelte

Vaelte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I should trust what I have read then "lux" is something the companies determine themselves. So you can not compare one brand to another...

Correct me if I am wrong...

6. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'm looking for a £400 camcorder myself and from the internet you can pick up the very well thought of JVC GRD53 & GRD73. I'm am seriuosly considering one of these models above the Pansonics and the Canon 750i.

Look at the review for GRD on camcorderinfo.com (might be a lower model) but they really like it. It's low light capability looks superb. A bit factor filming indoors (weddings / pubs / christenings) where light isn't allways perfect)

What Camcorder raving about the 73 this month as well. Looks like JVC really have got their act together. For me it looks a better option than the £400 Sony camcorders.