JVC GR-D370EK

Pangit

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a GR-D370EK miniDV camcorder. I have not used it for a while, and not really used it much when I did. I got it out of the drawer yesterday to try it, as I was thinking of taking it on a trip with me as it was a handy little camera !!! In playback mode it seems to work fine, but I cannot get it to record. With a brand new blank tape inserted, with write protect off, nothing happens when I press the start/stop button. The remaining time indicator on the preview screen is flashing. I did ask a couple of companies about the cost to send in for inspection and repair, and it's not worth me putting that money into it. However, I'd still like to fix it if I can. Does anyone have any ideas, could it be that the start stop button is defective ?

I have a GR-D370EK miniDV camcorder. I have not used it for a while, and not really used it much when I did. I got it out of the drawer yesterday to try it, as I was thinking of taking it on a trip with me as it was a handy little camera !!! In playback mode it seems to work fine, but I cannot get it to record. With a brand new blank tape inserted, with write protect off, nothing happens when I press the start/stop button. The remaining time indicator on the preview screen is flashing. I did ask a couple of companies about the cost to send in for inspection and repair, and it's not worth me putting that money into it. However, I'd still like to fix it if I can. Does anyone have any ideas, could it be that the start stop button is defective ?
Personaly i would forget about getting it repaired,even a cheap HD cam like this Buy Sony HDR CX240 Full HD Camcorder - Black | Traditional camcorders | Argos would probobly work out cheaper than getting it repaired and record better footage.

Ensure you are switching, with the power button, away from the Playback mode , to the record mode before attempting to press the record button.

If it's working in playback....you need to transfer any existing movies to yr computer ( before it stops working). + Make copies onto different media ( like an External HDD, etc.).

It may be you've forgotten how to record ("interlock" as suggested by Gavtech)- Equally it's possible the Record switch is faulty, due to damp / non-use, etc.
Having it "looked at" will be a waste of money IMHO - Better to put some money into a modern device . . . you've not given any idea of this "Trip" - but I'm guessing even now, you'll want only a "Record" of the trip, rather than make an interesting film about aspects of whatever you find...

Good Luck.

As i said unless its an easy fault you can sort yourself it will be a lot cheaper purchasing a s new cheap cam .best of luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom