1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC GR-D23 + built-in light = weird?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by andrewweb, Jan 10, 2005.

1. andrewweb

andrewweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I got a JVC GR-D23 for xmas and very nice it is too. However, as I was videoing the nippers opening their presents, I thought it was coming up a bit dark in the LCD monitor so I turned the built-in camera light on.

At which point, the framerate appeared to drop considerably. I thought this was perhaps just the LCD output and carried on.

However, when I firewire'd the stuff in to the pc, I was disappointed to find the same thing had been written to the tape.

Am a bit new to this and have been through the manual, but I can't find out what went wrong. Surely it should just capture and store no matter what the lighting conditions? This was in automatic mode by the way.

A few days later, I was messing around in manual mode, shooting widescreen and playing with brightness etc and it seemed to be doing it then as well.

Any clues very gratefully accepted :)

Many thanks

AW