JVC GMV42PZW -- any one know about JVC

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by jpd2, Apr 1, 2004.

1. jpd2

jpd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Anyone know about the JVC GMV42PZW selling at RS, I have done a search but have not been able to find spec or any info.

If not about this model specifically what about JVC plasma in general, whose screen is it, are they any good, any one got one?

thanks for your help

2. keysersossez

keysersossez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

that model number doesnt sound like a JVC model, they normally begin with AV

JVC units are very good, i have sold quite a few and have been impressed with their quality

3. jpd2

jpd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Keysersossez for taking the time to reply.

I have been doing a bit of digging and believe the model to be the GM-V42PCE with added video board.

I am a bit confussed over the quoted brightness level of

Brightness: 400cd/m2 (set), 1,000cd/m2 (panel)
    Contrast Ratio: 3000:1

as most other manufacturers only quote one figure. i am trying to see how this screen compares to the Hitachi 5000 which has a brightness of 1100cd/m and contrast ratio of 1000:1

Regards

John

4. mickeylove

mickeylove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I work in AV sales and have decided to go with the jvc over the hitachi pd5200 and the lg pz45. The picture seems to be more realistic with none of the usual visual flaws inherint in plasma technology, it also looks real nice with off air signals and dvi input for the pc. :clap: