JVC frozen ‘planet logo’

emmaurl

Novice Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice on how to solve a problem I have with my JVC 55” LT-55C870 4K ultra HD HDR LED TV.

Tv turns on, remote works fine for about 5 seconds and then a icon in the bottom right corner comes up (looks like a planet with a green dot) once this appears the remote no longer works and I cannot do anything, stuck on whatever screen it is on. The tv does work with whatever it’s stuck on but I can’t change channel, volume or even turn it off... I have to unplug at the socket. The button on the back of the tv doesn’t work either so I definitely know it’s not an issue with the remote. I also don’t have enough time to get to the menu to do a installation refresh.

I bought this from Currys and I have tried to call currys tech team about the issue but after 2 calls on hold for 50 mins each and being cut off I don’t think i’m going to get any help from them due to the current pandemic.

If anyone could help I would much appreciate any ideas as to how to solve this. Thanks, Emma

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 610
It appears to depict an orbiting satellite.

Does the TV have a satellite tuner? Do you have a dish or a terrestrial aerial plugged in?

It appears to depict an orbiting satellite.

Does the TV have a satellite tuner? Do you have a dish or a terrestrial aerial plugged in?
Yes I have an aerial plugged in, terrestrial. The channels do work so the aerial must be working. Why would this lock up my system?
Thanks for taking time to reply to me

Do you have any equipment connected to the TV?
If you do try unplugging it and see if the problem goes away.

Do you have any equipment connected to the TV?
If you do try unplugging it and see if the problem goes away.
I had a PS4 plugged in but I have tried removing it and refreshing various times without and it is just the same unfortunately.
Thank you

Try unplugging the aerial and see if you can get to the setup menu, if you can just do a scan without the aerial, it won't find any channels then plug the aerial back in and rescan.

It's the internet logo. All vestel smart TVs show this logo when it connects to the internet.

Maybe try turning off the router to prevent it from connecting to the internet, then do a reset if it responds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom