JVC Flicker

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I had Sky HD installed last week and connects to my JVC via scart. Since I've had HD installed I've noticed the screen flickers. I've just bought a PS3 and it connects via the red, white and yellow cables. The screen flickers when the PS3 is connected aswell. I don't notice the flicker on the terrestial channels. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Baz

JVC What?...as in what's the model no taken from the rear label?

Hi

It's a JVC AV-25SX1EK.

Baz

Hi

It's a JVC AV-25SX1EK.

Baz

It's probably dry joints on or a faulty frame output IC on that model.
Probably just a coincedence that you haven't noticed it doing it while watching via the sets own tuner.
It's not a d-i-y job unless you're experienced in soldering and handling electronic components.

It's probably dry joints on or a faulty frame output IC on that model.
Probably just a coincedence that you haven't noticed it doing it while watching via the sets own tuner.
It's not a d-i-y job unless you're experienced in soldering and handling electronic components.

Hi

Hopefully I will be getting my new tv soon and then I can get rid of the JVC.

Baz

PLEASE do one thing - connect your PS3 to whatever TV you get by a more appropriate means than a Composite cable. It borders on madness to buy a machine capable of the highest quality HD output and ruin it with the crudest type of connection.

At least use RGB SCART but preferably Component, VGA, DVI or HDMI.

PLEASE do one thing - connect your PS3 to whatever TV you get by a more appropriate means than a Composite cable. It borders on madness to buy a machine capable of the highest quality HD output and ruin it with the crudest type of connection.

At least use RGB SCART but preferably Component, VGA, DVI or HDMI.

Hi

Thanks for the info, I already plan to do that. Will connect it to mt new full HD TV with a HDMI lead. Thats why I bought a PS3.

Baz

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom