JVC Everio MG21 - Making DVD's

S

simonmead

Hi,

New to this Forum !!!

I have a JVC Everio MG21 (and I brought one for my father, which makes for double trouble) and I want to make DVD's easily from the JVC's HDD. I have managed to get the PC software to work, but my laptop struggles with the burning of the DVD's and it takes an age and often crashes. By this time you will realise that my father has no chance of getting even this far, so I now have 40GB of film to transfer to DVD.

I have purchased a Philips DVDR3570H, which I can connect the camcorder to via the video in leads at the front of the DVD recorder (the USB port does not register !) and then save to the HDD (160GB), then copy to DVD, but this requires recording at the play speed of the camcorder, obvioulsy a long time for 40GB.

What I would like to know, if anyone can help, is there a way of doing this quickly ???

I have looked into other DVD recorders but I am unsure if a USB2.0 external drive, like the LG GSAE50N, will work without software etc. JVC state that a "Apacer AD330 external drive" will do the job, but that does not seem to exist !

Sorry about the long explaination, but hopefully all the information is here for someone to help me, before I good mad with it !!!!

:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom