JVC DX7 26 and 32 INCH

pauluk31

Novice Member
Hello,

I'm after one of these screens because apparently they have very good sound and good picture.

Can anyone confirm the sound is good and can someone list the good and bad parts of this screen... along with any issues.

Thanks

Paul

Teppic

Novice Member
Take a look in the following threads for all the info (and more) you could ever ask for:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307960

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333044

Whilst the second thread is about the 40DS7, that tv has the same internals as the DX7 and so shares all the same good qualities and faults.

The 32DX7 isn't a bad tv but does have some problems (i owned one for over a month myself and had to return it due to a problem the tv has with image retention when displaying pictures via component). Make sure you look at the later pages of those threads as well as the early pages, as the threads naturally start off raving about how good the tv is before the problems were found later on.

The current issues with the DX7 are:

-Aspect ratio switching problems with Sky HD (this is supposed to be fixed later this month with a download to Sky HD boxes).

-Reds shift slightly to the side when watching via HDMI.

-Image retention under certain circumstances when watching via component.

-Freeview crashing.

-Freeview setting itself up for recordings randomly (this issue has only just come to light and is currently being looked into).

As for the sound, it's much better than most LCD tv's and is definitely the tv's strongest positive point.

Stoke192

Distinguished Member
To get things into perspective,there are very few people unhappy with either of these sets (32 DX7 & 40 DS7).....i imagine the few that are,would find fault with any of the current crop of LCD's available today.

I'd read both threads and make your own mind up.

I'm a little biased as i own the 40 DS7 and i'm more than happy with it..... as are a lot of other people on this forum :)

Cheers

Teppic

Novice Member
Stoke192 said:
To get things into perspective,there are very few people unhappy with either of these sets (32 DX7 & 40 DS7).....i imagine the few that are,would find fault with any of the current crop of LCD's available today.
I'm sorry but that's not quite true. In my own case i moved onto a Sony 32V2000 which like every current LCD on the market has it's own issues, but the difference is that i can live with the issues the Sony has. I don't know why whenever someone finds a genuine fault with a tv that some people instantly feel the need to accuse them of being "Too picky..." and "Going out of their way to find faults...". Trust me, i don't have the time, money, or energy to be buying £1000 electronic items only to go out of my way trying to find problems. If i come across a problem that is a major issue for me i'm not going to pretend there aren't any problems (especially when the manufacturer has no interest in trying to fix the fault) when someone asks for info - far better they understand the pro's and con's before they hand over their money. And i know several people who are unhappy with various faults on the DX7/DS7's, some of whom have returned their tv for a different make.

It's not a case of people finding fault with any LCD, but rather people trying to find the LCD which only has faults which they can live with. The only way people can do that is by reading about all the facts. And the facts of the DX7/DS7's are that they're a decent tv with a few faults which may or may not be a deciding factor in someone's final decision about buying the tv, or going for one of the alternatives that are priced about the same.

I'm just not sure what needs putting into perspective. :confused: I wasn't completely negative about the tv and gave positives too. And the threads i linked to give every bit of info there is available on the current JVC's. I only gave the exact info that was asked for and my advice was much the same as yours in the end - for Pauluk31 to make his own mind up after reading all the positives and negatives.

Top Bottom