jvc dvd recorder

calibradtm

got a new jvc dvd recorder but i'm stuck on something.when i watch the tv channels through it i can go up and down the channel list (as though i was choosing which one to record).the problem is my tv has built in freeview and i cannot store those channels to be able to record them.anyone know how this is done?

C

chrisnewbold

The JVC only has an analogue tuner. Your TV can pick up freeview because it has a freeview tuner internally.
You need another freeview tuner ie freeview box to connect your dvdr to.

You should be aboe to do some sort of direct record ie record the channel you are watching if the dvdr and tv are connected via scart though.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
calibradtm said:
got a new jvc dvd recorder but i'm stuck on something.when i watch the tv channels through it i can go up and down the channel list (as though i was choosing which one to record).the problem is my tv has built in freeview and i cannot store those channels to be able to record them.anyone know how this is done?

Connect a scart cable to the EXT3 scart socket on your TV and connect this to the AV2 scart in on your JVC DVDR.
Read the section titled "Output Signal Selection for Scart 3" on page 29 of your TV user manual and select to output "DTV"
To record a Freeview prog select the AV2 input on the DVDR.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom