1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC DVD Recorder with Progressive Scan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Easy2BCheesy, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was just reading this particular thread about the new JVC DR-M1 DVD recorder:

http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89706

Basically it's a -R, -RW and RAM DVD recorder that features in-build progressive scan on PAL, and presumably NTSC. Prices are rumoured to be between £350 and £450.

Considering I'm just about to buy a £300 progressive scan DVD player, this is obviously worthy of consideration, as I would imagine it could be used for progressive scan Sky Digital and I would imagine terrestrial signals too.

Does any one have any additional info, seen it for sale, or read any reviews online?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    It's not out until September although it is available for pre-order (£342) on some sites such as:
    https://secure.cheapelectricals.co.uk/acatalog/Catalogue_DVD_recorder_198.html

I should point out JVC are releasing two DVD players which presumably will offer similar playback (inc PAL PS) - the VA-NA77 (RRP £160) and the XV-NA7 (RRP £250). Just thought I should point it out incase you were thinking of buying a DVD recorder you might not actually want. That said the JVC Recorder does look like it's going to be a top piece of kit.

3. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's a link to the jvc page.

Cheers,
    Cal.

4. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BTW a good reason to buy a recorder over a player which does ps is that it will convert all signals to ps including Sat and TV.

You get a DVD recorder and deinterlacer in one for less than the price of an iScan pro.

Don't know if it deinterlaces as well as the iScan though.

Cheers,
    Cal.

5. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well... the link above is certainly interesting in that the specs don't seem to mention a component output...?

Calscot - yes, the idea of it being a cheap, multifunctional iScan is appealing. Guess we'll just have to wait another month for the lowdown...