JVC DVD Player XV-N5SL Picture Problem (first time poster)

S

Silent M

Guys, hope this is the right forum I'm posting in and hope you can help me please.

I recently re-connected my dvd player to the tv after an absence of a couple of months. My 11 month old daughter had been pulling at it and we got fed up dragging her away from it. Following my re-connecting of it it's now playing with a black and white picture. Everything else is fine apart from that. Might my daughter have done something that's caused this and can it be easily remedied? Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Silent M

acapaulco

As with a lot of these JVC DVD players check on the back of the unit for a switch which may have marking like "Y/C-RGB" and "COMP-RGB" etc.

While playing a dvd try the switch in different positions until you get colour.

......i know, not very technical but it might help:thumbsup:

S

Silent M

As with a lot of these JVC DVD players check on the back of the unit for a switch which may have marking like "Y/C-RGB" and "COMP-RGB" etc.

While playing a dvd try the switch in different positions until you get colour.

......i know, not very technical but it might help:thumbsup:

Unfortunately that just turns the whole picture to a greeny blue colour :(

Thanks anyway, mate.

acapaulco

Hello again

Just checked out the instruction book at the JVC website. The Switch at the back has two positions. If you are in the "COMP/RGB" setting then try using different scart connections on your TV. Also check the scart lead and make sure none of the pin are bent together.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom