JVC DRMX1EK - Can this make DVD copies of my VHS tapes?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by colinnaraine, Oct 23, 2005.

1. colinnaraine

colinnaraine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased the JVC DRMX1EK 3-1 Combi Deck VHS/HDD/DVD

I'm a novice when it comes to DVD recorders however I only bought this DVD for the purpose of making DVD copies of my VHS tapes (non-commercial).

Please can anyone tell me if it is possible to copy e.g. a wedding (which is recorded onto VHS) to DVD onto this machine as I have been told that it can, however the manual does not cover this.

I think I can either record the contents of the VHS onto the HDD in order to edit, and then copy from HDD to DVD.

If anyone's got this particular machine I would welcome any advice.

:lease:

Thanks

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Do not have that machine but have the JVC DRM10 dvd recorder and I sometimes use this to copy VHS tapes to DVD-R. You cannot edit the VHS input doing it this way.

I am sure you will find in the manual that you can copy VHS tapes to DVD-R in real time mode without editing. If you do wish to edit the VHS copy then you will have to copy to the hard drive or to DVD-RAM.

3. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    This is covered on Page 66 of the instruction book "Dubbing From VHS To DVD". This will copy the whole tape in one go.