1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC DrMV1 Tuning Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by NeilSheff, Mar 10, 2005.

1. NeilSheff

NeilSheff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me out please. I installed a brand new JVC Vcr/Dvd Recorder combi and followed instructions to start the auto tuning. After a while the machine sprung back into life with channels 1-5 now preset but the picture quality on them all is terrible. We live in an excellent signal area and have always had good picture quality. Will the better quality channels of 1-5 be installed in a different place or is there a setting on the machine that i am missing.?

Many thanks in advance.

Neil.

2. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know the frequencies of the transmitter you are using? If so, go to the manual tuning menu and check that it has tuned in the correct ones. If it hasn't you can change it through manual tuning.

If you don't know the frequencies you may be able to find them by looking in your TVs tuning menu.

If you don't know your frequencies, there are various web sites around that list them. Cannot recall any off the top of me head, but a search of these forums (or perhaps the TV forum) may help. Alternatively you can sit in front of the DVD and manually go through each frequency in turn - however wait at least 5 seconds before moving onto the next frequency as it isn't the quickest machine to tune in.

For what it's worth the tuner on my DRM10 (presumably the tuners are dentical) is MUCH weaker than my TV and will not receive Channel 5.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    neil can i ask where you got the MV1???

4. mentsugi

mentsugi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I have the DRMV1 and when doing the first install and finding the channels it could not find them first time round .So I had to redo this part and the second time it did it OK.
    The tuner pictures for my DRMV1 are better than those on my Panny E30 and it also picked up more channels (I have cable connected).

5. NeilSheff

NeilSheff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help guys, yesterday i went home and tried for maybe 4 or 5 more attempts for the machine to auto tune, to no avail. I then went into manual mode and fine tuned each programme in turn as was suggested. They all came good in the end, the little fine tuning needle just needed tweeking to the left on them all and that did the trick. In answer to Hornydragon (nice name) i got the machine from Dixons, Sheffield for £300. And as John W14 said I also didnt manage to tune in channel 5 that successfully.
    Im just glad that i got it sorted cos i was all ready to take it back to Dixons and give them a big round of fu*ks.

Thanks again Guys.

Neil, Sheff