JVC drmh30s

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Cpt.Crowbar, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Cpt.Crowbar

Cpt.Crowbar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm down to two options for DVD Recorders, they are either a Philips or a JVC - as these are the only models that have a live buffer that is always on.

The JVC drmh30s is quite appealing but it has a 160GB Drive, which i dont really need, i just want some comments on JVC's Buffer, how it works, what it can do etc etc, i hear the Philips one is not so user friendly - which im not to worried about, the problem is the 720 is disconiunted and the 520(25?) doesnt have the Live Buffer.

Any opinions and help would be greatly appreciated.

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    The DR-MH30 allows you to set a live memory of 30min, 1 hour or 3 hours. It's easy to use - just use the normal keys to move around.

If you don't need the 160Gb, consider the DR-MH20 which is the same apart from a smaller 80Gb drive.

3. Cpt.Crowbar

Cpt.Crowbar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh true, hmm not sure if that is avalaible in NZ :(

So the Live Memory is basically the same as the Philips Live Buffer, ie it auto-records to what ever channel the unit is tuned to (inc line-ins) once Powered on?
    And it allowes you to rewind / pause etc live TV?

thanks for help.

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    Yes, it will do all of that. One very handy feature is that it will do 1.5x speed playback with normal sound, so you can pause the live broadcast, then play back at 1.5x and then catch up again with the live broadcast.

5. redheat

redheat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can also record the 'live memory' and put it in the library if the programme ended up being good to transfer to DVD (although live memory most be set to 1hr+), only problem I have found is the channel changing can be a bit slow with live memory ON.

6. Cpt.Crowbar

Cpt.Crowbar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Awsome sounds like its a bit cooler than the Philips, not that the Philips make a a Live Buffer model anymore, or at least none out here in NZ.

I hope i can find the 80 Gig one, otherwise i may have to bit it and get the 160, i'll never use it thats all :(

Thanks for help guys