Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

JVC DRMH30 or Panasonic E95?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Genga, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Genga

Genga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently looking to buy a DVD with hard disk capabilities. I want to store all my camcorder footage so a decent size hard disk with DV input has left me with these two on my shortlist. I can't really justify the extra cash for the Panasonic E500 and the E95 has most of the required features (what is 5:1 output?)., Anyone got experience of these two? Look similar on paper but the JVC is £150 less.

Any help much appreciated!

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    The JVC lacks RGB input - essential if you want to record in high quality from a Sky or Freeview digibox - but other than that is an excellent DVD recorder.

An analogue output of surround sound (Dolby Digital, DTS and/or DVD-Audio), i.e 5 audio outputs and the subwoofer.

3. Genga

Genga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Rasczak

If I have a receiver or amp outputting to speakers is the 5:1 necessary?

4. Genga

Genga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...and reading another thread regarding the Sony HX900 would you say that it was better than the E95? I think it lacks a DV input but I've always bought Sony in the past.

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    No - not at all.

No - I would rate the Panasonic over the Sony for a number of reasons: editting ability for one, PQ (the Panny can record upto 3hrs per DVDR at full resolution, the Sony manages just 2) and connectivity all favour the Panasonic! The HX900 does have iLink (DV Input) though!

If your new to this DVD recorder lark may I suggest you read the 'Which DVD Recorder?' link in my signature?