1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Drmh30 Hdd/dvd Recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by fred the ted, Aug 31, 2005.

1. fred the ted

fred the ted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know I have asked this question before, but in case my original poser has been miised I ask again.

Is there a 'scart through' facility on thismachine as on my previous kaput Pioneer DVR420?

At present when viewing NTL digital the TV screen goes blank, no soud either, when any recording starts on the JVC?

As the JVC only accepts an s-video input and the NTL outputs an RGB signal I use a converter between machines.

Many thanks.

2. redheat

redheat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the JVC does have scart pass-through I use it for my Sky digibox. I have it linked link this:

Scart out of Sky box (VCR OUT - composite video) into DRM-H30, Scart out of DRM-H30 into JVC S-VHS video deck.

Separate S-VHS link from DRM-H30 to SONY TV, also separate S-VHS link from VCR to TV.

The VCR can record SKY if I need to, with the DVD Recorder in STANDBY.

The DRM-H30 cannot record from a RGB signal, but on my TV the picture is like watching everything in Brilliant Technicolor.

3. fred the ted

fred the ted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the scart through work automatically when recording or do I have to press anything on remote or on the JVC faciPlease excuse me if I seem a bit thick.